Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 88

Thread: Tilted

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    ^this
    From an expert in creepiness.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    We still get good traffic...
    Like this thread
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  3. #33
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    116,483
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    From an expert in creepiness.
    Well, he oughta know, right?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  4. #34
    my war Hank's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Location
    beer
    Posts
    17,849
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    From an expert in creepiness.
    Yup. I can spot them from a mile away, and you're definitely one of them!

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Well, he oughta know, right?
    I remember when everyone thought Hank was a rabid animal; until some of you actually met him and found he's just another one of us humans. A pretty nice guy. It sort of ruined it for me.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  6. #36
    professional daydreamer mAlice's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    37,017
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Yup, it does.
    I can't see the world that way. There will always be someone better than, whether it's smarter, prettier, richer...doesn't matter. Someone better. There will always be someone worse than me. Not as smart, not as pretty (not suggesting I am), less money. I hope the person who is not as smart as me, or as pretty, or has less money, does not consider me a snob, anymore than I would consider someone a snob, just based on what they have, or do, or know.

    I am of the opinion, if someone has something better to do than post on social media, then they are a hell of a lot better than me.
    Je suis prest

  7. #37
    #*! boat! Gilligan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    41,818
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    I remember when everyone thought Hank was a rabid animal
    They don't think that any more?? Rats..I didn't get the memo. ;-p
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    I can't see the world that way. There will always be someone better than, whether it's smarter, prettier, richer...doesn't matter. Someone better. There will always be someone worse than me. Not as smart, not as pretty (not suggesting I am), less money. I hope the person who is not as smart as me, or as pretty, or has less money, does not consider me a snob, anymore than I would consider someone a snob, just based on what they have, or do, or know.

    I am of the opinion, if someone has something better to do than post on social media, then they are a hell of a lot better than me.
    I'm really jerking your chain. Tilted comes across as one of those most humble people. He's smart and wise; which means he knows how to govern his smarts. I don't play into the "I'm better than this person or that" nonsense. I learned when I was pretty young that no one is a better person than anyone else. I have my share of strengths and weaknesses, and keeping that reality in my head keeps me humble.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  9. #39
    my war Hank's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Location
    beer
    Posts
    17,849
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    I'm really jerking your chain. Tilted comes across as one of those most humble people. He's smart and wise; which means he knows how to govern his smarts. I don't play into the "I'm better than this person or that" nonsense. I learned when I was pretty young that no one is a better person than anyone else. I have my share of strengths and weaknesses, and keeping that reality in my head keeps me humble.
    You wanna smell his undies, dontcha?

  10. #40
    #*! boat! Gilligan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    41,818
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    You wanna smell his undies, dontcha?
    Ha...proofs that Hank still is a rabid animal.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Members who have read this thread: 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |