Tilted

PsyOps

Pixelated
So, he's been gone a while. He was like the wise and reasonable guy in the room that brought things back to normal. And we've messaged each other in private a few times. I feel like he's become somewhat of a friend; even if I never met him in person.

I got the impression he left because the dialog just got so ugly that it isn't worth it. But, there's always that possibility something else might be going on. Does anyone know if he's okay? Or do I have to stalk the golf courses to find out? Caring minds want to know.

PsyOps

Pixelated
"Tilted has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

:mad:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm not sure if I should be insulted by this or not. :lol:

It's an observation, not a judgement and I certainly not exclude myself.

It's like jazz; try as one might, if you don't get it...you don't get it. Or metal. Or the blues. Hell, I have a buddy who is probably the best guitarist I know personally who does NOT like Jimi Hendrix. But he likes Frank Marino's Hendrix covers. Takes all kinds. :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I know I sure am.

But I've been insulted by worse before, so...

Another buddy of mine, he and a pal got tossed from a snooty party for being...themselves. Their parting shot "I've been throw out of better parties by better people so #### you...." :lol:

PsyOps

Pixelated
It's an observation, not a judgement and I certainly not exclude myself.

It's like jazz; try as one might, if you don't get it...you don't get it. Or metal. Or the blues. Hell, I have a buddy who is probably the best guitarist I know personally who does NOT like Jimi Hendrix. But he likes Frank Marino's Hendrix covers. Takes all kinds. :shrug:

I'm fully aware of where my intellect sits in regards to Tilted. He's far more disciplined in digging into facts. He has far better comprehension skills than I have. And he's far more level-headed than I am.

What motivates me is seeing really smart people like Tilted, or Pat Metheny, or Hendrix and my desire to dig deep into information. That there is far more to it than just bar chords. There is a dissonance that exists; that, if played at the right time, fits. And I'm not talking about music; I'm talking about anything that has information to it.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm fully aware of where my intellect sits in regards to Tilted. He's far more disciplined in digging into facts. He has far better comprehension skills than I have. And he's far more level-headed than I am.

What drives me is seeing really smart people like Tilted, or Pat Metheny, or Hendrix and my desire to dig deep into information. That there is far more to it than just bar chords. There is a dissonance that exists; that, if played at the right time, fits. And I'm not talking about music; I'm talking about anything that has information to it.

My intent was not to disparage your intelligence, or mine, or anyone on here. My point was that he simply may not be up for the rancor any more, as you suggested.

PsyOps

Pixelated
My intent was not to disparage your intelligence, or mine, or anyone on here. My point was that he simply may not be up for the rancor any more, as you suggested.

I know it wasn't. :buddies:

Perhaps that's one I have up on Tilted... I have thicker skin. :lol:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I know it wasn't. :buddies:

Perhaps that's one I have up on Tilted... I have thicker skin. :lol:

I don't think Tilted doesn't have thin enough skin, I think he's just 'above' us. All of us. He's better. He has something more important to do, somewhere more important to be. He doesn't always have time for nonsense, but when he does, he drops in for a bit. I don't think that it's something that he thinks about, I don't think the he thinks he's better, he just is. That's my take on Tilted.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tilted: the Man, the Myth.

:lol:

I'm sure he's fine, I'd have probably heard if he wasn't. There are a number of reasons why he might not be posting. The one I like is that he changed jobs and can't post during the day, and has a girlfriend taking up his evenings. <--I totally made that up; it's just one possible scenario.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB

I'm sure he's fine, I'd have probably heard if he wasn't. There are a number of reasons why he might not be posting. The one I like is that he changed jobs and can't post during the day, and has a girlfriend taking up his evenings. <--I totally made that up; it's just one possible scenario.

Or this one: the Forum doesn't seem to (and you have the numbers) have as much traffic lately as it once did.
And some of the topics may not strike a chord hard enough to bother with a post. That's why I don't post as much.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Can someone this smart and snobby really get a girlfriend?