Journalist mailed Trump's tax return: 'Entirely possible’ he leaked it himself

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" A Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative journalist who was sent a President Trump's tax document from 2005 floated that the president himself may have been the source.

By the way, let me point out it’s entirely possible that Donald sent this to me,” David Cay Johnston said on MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show.”

Donald Trump has over the years leaked all sorts of things,” he added. "Donald has a long history of leaking material about himself when he thinks it’s in his interest.”

“It’s a possibility, and it could have been leaked by someone at his direction. With Donald, you know, you never know. Yes, I think I have to include that in the list of possibilities of where it came from.”

Johnston said Trump "creates his own reality."

“He says things that aren’t true, he says things and then denies he said them, he lives in this world that isn’t the world where you and I live of verifiable facts,” he said.

Johnston defended his decision to publish Trump's Form 1040 from 2005 because it was sent to him unsolicited.

“There’s absolutely nothing improper about journalists, if you haven’t solicited something, getting it over the transom,” said Johnston, who authored the recent book “The Making of Donald Trump.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/324020-reporter-entirely-possible-trump-leaked-2005-tax-returns

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Entirely possible. :lol:

Of COURSE he leaked it. Trump's been letting the media play themselves for fools, and him into the White House, for how long now?

Hijinx

“He says things that aren’t true, he says things and then denies he said them, he lives in this world that isn’t the world where you and I live of verifiable facts,” he said.

Now this is some funny sh1t right here .
This prick states that he lives in a world apart from Donald Trump. He of course lives in a world of verifiable facts.
How is a fact verified if you don't know who sent it to you?
How does he know this is Trumps tax return?

It's funny how these people think.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Let me point out that one cannot "leak" their own personal information. If you give up your tax return, or your mortgage information, or any other personal documents, you have disclosed them. Not leaked.

This guy needs to be in jail. His excuse of, "Oh, well, it's okay because I hate Donald Trump so very very much" isn't good enough.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Crazy like a fox.

Crazy like a fox implies something clever. That Rachel has such an enormous hard on for this that she'd be blind to how stupid it was going to make her look 'exposing' a 12 year old tax return doesn't make him smart. It makes her death dumb and blind, kid. Hope she plays a mean pin ball.

She SHOULD have said "I suspect this was leaked on purpose BECAUSE it makes him look so good. Sorry, pal. Not falling for it. Leak your 2016 return if you wanna use my reputation, ####o."

stgislander

PREMO Member
Crazy like a fox implies something clever. That Rachel has such an enormous hard on for this that she'd be blind to how stupid it was going to make her look 'exposing' a 12 year old tax return doesn't make him smart. It makes her death dumb and blind, kid. Hope she plays a mean pin ball.

She SHOULD have said "I suspect this was leaked on purpose BECAUSE it makes him look so good. Sorry, pal. Not falling for it. Leak your 2016 return if you wanna use my reputation, ####o."

Yes, something clever on Trump's part. Rachel let her little brain do the thinking for her big brain.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yes, something clever on Trump's part. Rachel let her little brain do the thinking for her big brain.

I'll give him credit for knowing SOME moron would bite. I'm just not willing to give him credit for using crap bait and getting a hit in a stocked pond. :buddies:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So now we're presuming that Trump sent his own tax return to this "journalist"?

Why?

Because the NYT and other egg on their faces media outlets say so?

When did that become a fact, that Trump sent that return himself?

I am fully confident that someone in the IRS - some mindless progbot consumed with hatred - colluded with Cay to obtain that return. That story about how, oh wow, he just went out to his mailbox and there it was! That's bull####. Like seriously transparent bull####. So much bull#### that I'm offended he wouldn't put forth the effort to make up a better story. Perhaps he's been cocooning himself with morons for so long that it didn't occur to him that some people *aren't* morons.

stgislander

PREMO Member

Why?

I am fully confident that someone in the IRS - some mindless progbot consumed with hatred - colluded with Cay to obtain that return. That story about how, oh wow, he just went out to his mailbox and there it was! That's bull####. Like seriously transparent bull####. So much bull#### that I'm offended he wouldn't put forth the effort to make up a better story. Perhaps he's been cocooning himself with morons for so long that it didn't occur to him that some people *aren't* morons.

I think someone in the other thread made the statement that it it was someone in the IRS with an axe to grind, why did they take just the first two pages of the 2005 1040 return?

Wishbone

What's fascinating me is this media dash from accusing Trump of being a incompetent moron one moment to being this diabolical master of manipulation the next.

[video=youtube;sCFzv_ctsAI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCFzv_ctsAI[/video]

Chris0nllyn

Why?

Because the copies she had say "Client Copy" on them.

Because the White House tweeted about it, confirming their authenticity before Maddow even went on the air.

Obviously nothing being a smoking gun that Trump, or someone from his team did leak them, but certainly some questions that lead one to believe. I also haven't seen anything saying it's a "fact" that Trump did leak them himself (or his team).

If it was someone from the IRS, why would they choose 2005? Especially considering if they were out to get him, they'd use a tax return with nothing nefarious.

Edit: Apparently all these issues have been brought up. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Because the copies she had say "Client Copy" on them.

Because the White House tweeted about it, confirming their authenticity before Maddow even went on the air.

Obviously nothing being a smoking gun that Trump, or someone from his team did leak them, but certainly some questions that lead one to believe. I also haven't seen anything saying it's a "fact" that Trump did leak them himself (or his team).

If it was someone from the IRS, why would they choose 2005? Especially considering if they were out to get him, they'd use a tax return with nothing nefarious.

Edit: Apparently all these issues have been brought up. :lol:

If you really believed that, you would stop calling it a "leak". AGAIN, one does not "leak" their personal information; they disclose it. "Leak" indicates it was being kept private, which it obviously wasn't if the owner of the information disclosed it himself.

Or are you just being a good little bot and repeating the pretty words you keep hearing on the TV?

Chris0nllyn

If you really believed that, you would stop calling it a "leak". AGAIN, one does not "leak" their personal information; they disclose it. "Leak" indicates it was being kept private, which it obviously wasn't if the owner of the information disclosed it himself.

Or are you just being a good little bot and repeating the pretty words you keep hearing on the TV?

If it was not Trump, but someone close to him, it would be a leak, no?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Did you see that they are marked 'client copy'?

Every CPA in America has that stamp. Rachel Maddow could have personally stamped it herself. I seriously don't put anything - ANY THING - past these people.

The prog media is trying desperately to spin this so that Trump is the bad guy. Damn him! They'd have had such a great story if he'd only cheated on his taxes! If only he'd not paid a dime! Damn you, Donald Trump! :shakesfist:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If it was not Trump, but someone close to him, it would be a leak, no?

Not if they had his permission, which is what the prog media is telling you to think - that Trump was behind this "journalist" getting a nice big surprise in his morning mail.

And think about that:

Why Cay? Who even is that? If Trump wanted to play this prank, wouldn't he have sent it to Jake Tapper and punk his ass?

Chris0nllyn

Are you saying "close to" but "directed by him?"

Could be one, could be the other. Could be both, who knows. This thread has other wild ass assumptions and "could-haves", why not add another?

Not if they had his permission, which is what the prog media is telling you to think - that Trump was behind this "journalist" getting a nice big surprise in his morning mail.

And think about that:

Why Cay? Who even is that? If Trump wanted to play this prank, wouldn't he have sent it to Jake Tapper and punk his ass?

I was throwing out reasons why people would assume that. Which is what you asked. Just in case you get amnesia again:

Why?

This isn't about the "prog" media telling me what to think (while you make the wild ass assumption that Maddow is back there with a "client copy" stamp pounding away on these papers). You asked why. I gave examples of reasons why someone people would make that assumption. I also mentioned that it is not a "fact" that he did leak/disclose them himself.

I don't know why David Cay Johnston got them. We do know the White House confirmed their authenticity, so someone got them to him. This is also the same guy who wrote a USA Today article last year claiming that if Trump's taxes were to come out, we'd all see he pays a lower tax than most Americans.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/03/08/real-trump-tax-scandal-david-cay-johnston/81436212/