Republicans Commence To Eat Their Own

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
"I am going to save Social Security without any cuts. I know where to get the money from. Nobody else does." (May 21,2015)

"I am going to save Medicare." (Oct. 30, 2015)

It's promises in tweets like these that caused many Americans to jump on the Trump train. At every rally, speech or interview, Trump swore he would protect Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare. He also stated that his plan would provide healthcare for all. Better coverage, cheaper plans he promised them.

The only problem is that this was inconsistent with Republican ideology which wants to kill all those programs. Ryan and McConnell were willing to ignore these conflicts during the election, but now the time has come to repeal and replace. The Ryan GOP healthcare bill breaks every promise Trump made to his voters on this subject. Now is the time we will learn who's side Trump is really on. Is he beholden to his voters or the GOP?

Trump is not known for his consistency. One day he's claiming he'll lock Hillary up for baseless charges, the next he could care less. Sometimes he states he is besties with Putin, other times he claims, "Putin who?" Last week he tweeted that Obama was wire tapping his phones, this week his press secretary stated that Trump really doesn't think Obama tapped his phones. He's consistently inconsistent.

Yet you can count on Trump for a few things: he lies, won't take responsibility when things go wrong, will take responsibility for great things he hasn't actually done like creating jobs, will attack anyone for criticizing him, is a con man through and through, etc. Most of all, Trump holds grudges. And like the elephant that is the mascot of his adopted party, he never forgets those wrongs that he feels others have committed against him. Never. "

http://crooksandliars.com/2017/03/republicans-commence-eat-their-own

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Isn't this a good time for Democrats to rally behind the President and support him on his word, whether he meant it or not, to save social security and provide health care for all, better and cheaper? Toy actually help constituents? Or, to hell with helping people, politics is more important?