Dan Rather sees through Trump tax return ‘smoke screen’ as distraction from Russia and health care

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" “Well the Donald Trump tax returns released last night seem more smokescreen than smoking gun. What started with suspicion of what was in them has now becomes suspicion of whether the Trump team leaked them as a diversion,” Rather wrote.

He then continued, “It bears reminding that we still haven’t seen any detailed filings for Mr. Trump from recent years, but in my reporter’s estimation, as important as that is, there are bigger stories to which we need to be devoting attention.”

According to Rather, the press needs to drill down on three topics Trump would prefer they not focus upon.

THE RUSSIA CONNECTION – a foreign power actively tried to undermine our election … I believe it must be investigated, by the press, by law enforcement, and by an independent bipartisan commission. I suspect we have much more to find out.

HEALTH CARE – after 7 years of complaining about Obamacare, the GOP has put forward a bill that seems to please no one except maybe its leadership in Congress, and it seems, at least from his initial response, President Trump. Will the President continue to try to own an effort that is spiraling (death spiraling?) out of control? … This is a story that couldn’t be bigger in terms of policy, and politics. "

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/dan-rather-sees-through-trump-tax-return-smoke-screen-as-distraction-from-russia-and-health-care-debacle/

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dan Rather :roflmao:

Well he'd be the expert in fake news, wouldn't he?

:lmao:

You know they're digging deep when they trot out freaking Dan Rather to opine. :roflmao:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Dan Rather :roflmao:

Well he'd be the expert in fake news, wouldn't he?

:lmao:

You know they're digging deep when they trot out freaking Dan Rather to opine. :roflmao:

He invented it.......not to mention all those NYT reporters coming up with fake sources ....

The Bots are digging deep....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He invented it.......

You have to admire Dan's hubris. He is a busted out laughingstock, and he has the sheer nerve to present himself as someone of substance who is qualified to give media advice.

Dan Blather.

These people and their arrogance. It's simply breathtaking.

And Raw Story calls him a "legendary journalist". My god. :roflmao: