Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 62

Thread: 2nd travel ban blocked - ole Donny can't catch a break

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    can you show a terrorist attack in the USA that a person from one of these countries perpetrated?
    Doesn't matter. It's up to the State Department to determine where the threats are from based on their intelligence.
    If they're worth a plugged nickel, they don't need to have someone killed FIRST before they make that determination.

    There HAVE been attempts - like that guy who drove over a bunch of people at Ohio State. Who was from Somalia.
    I guess it wasn't a terrorist attack because no one was killed?
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    I guess Trump should sign you up as his counsel
    Nice evasive non-answer.
    "Cynicism is the smoke that rises from the ashes of burned out dreams."

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    Its going to be hard to separate trump and his campaign's rhetoric from the ban.
    So, it IS appropriate to quote Obama when he said he'd been to all 57 states, that there are now 57 states? Or, when Trump said he was going to cut taxes, did that immediately have the effect of lowering taxes? How about when Obama said he'd close GITMO by Jan, 2010 - and then issued an EO forcing it to close - is GITMO closed? When Obama, on the campaign trail, said that he wanted to spread the wealth around, was it fair to look at his policies from then on in those terms?

    Or, are you full of ####?
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Nice evasive non-answer.
    Well, the "Muslim ban" argument gets even stupider when you also consider the tens of thousands of Muslims entering here every single day from the rest of the world.
    THEY go right through immigration DESPITE their religion. How come? Could it be their religion doesn't matter?
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

  5. #35
    Registered User Midnightrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NU
    Posts
    11,326
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Doesn't matter. It's up to the State Department to determine where the threats are from based on their intelligence.
    If they're worth a plugged nickel, they don't need to have someone killed FIRST before they make that determination.

    There HAVE been attempts - like that guy who drove over a bunch of people at Ohio State. Who was from Somalia.
    I guess it wasn't a terrorist attack because no one was killed?
    if your argument is that you are banning people from these countries because of terrorists are being imported from these countries it would help if there were actually terrorists coming here from those countries. Instead we give a pass to the countries that have an actual history of sending us terrorists.
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Well, the "Muslim ban" argument gets even stupider when you also consider the tens of thousands of Muslims entering here every single day from the rest of the world.
    THEY go right through immigration DESPITE their religion. How come? Could it be their religion doesn't matter?
    Sure could be the case.
    "Cynicism is the smoke that rises from the ashes of burned out dreams."

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    if your argument is that you are banning people from these countries because of terrorists are being imported from these countries it would help if there were actually terrorists coming here from those countries. Instead we give a pass to the countries that have an actual history of sending us terrorists.
    The terrorist organizations like ISIS implicitly stating that they fully intended to use those refugee paths to infiltrate the US...that does not matter, right?

    I didn't think so.
    "Cynicism is the smoke that rises from the ashes of burned out dreams."

  8. #38
    I bowl overhand itsbob's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Patuxent, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    40,935
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    Can you name a terrorist attack that was committed by a person on a visa from one of these 6 countries?
    Again, your ignorance has no bounds..

    So your groupthink is, we shouldn't vet anyone that we think is from a country that is harboring and training terrorists intent on killing us until they actually kill us??

    How may is your number??

    How many Americans do terrorists have to kill before we take steps to prevent them from coming to our country??

    Is your number in the thousands?? Tens of thousands?? How many before we actually stop them.

    For me the number is: Lets do everything we can do to stop these #######s from killing a single American.. Seems like Trump feels the same way.

    SO, what's wrong with our way of thinking vice yours??
    Last edited by itsbob; 03-16-2017 at 11:02 AM.
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

    Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

  9. #39
    I bowl overhand itsbob's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Patuxent, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    40,935
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    if your argument is that you are banning people from these countries because of terrorists are being imported from these countries it would help if there were actually terrorists coming here from those countries. Instead we give a pass to the countries that have an actual history of sending us terrorists.
    Which countries would those be??
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

    Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

  10. #40
    Registered User Midnightrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NU
    Posts
    11,326
    Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Again, your ignorance has no bounds..

    So your groupthink is, we shouldn't vet anyone that we think from a country that is harboring and training terrorists intent on killing us until they actually kill us??

    How may is your number??

    How many Americans do terrorists have to kill before we take steps to prevent them from coming to our country??

    Is your number in the thousands?? Tens of thousands?? How many before we actually stop them.

    For me the number is: Lets do everything we can do to stop these #######s from killing a single American.. Seems like Trump feels the same way.

    SO, what's wrong with our way of thinking vice yours??
    you sure sound like the antigun crowd. You are using their same arguments and this ban will be just as ineffective as an Assault weapons ban.
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |