John McCain: Rand Paul ‘Is Now Working for Vladimir Putin’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
John McCain: Rand Paul ‘Is Now Working for Vladimir Putin’

The long-simmering war between Sens. John McCain and Rand Paul boiled over on Wednesday when the Arizona lawmaker directly accused his colleague of working for Russian President Vladimir Putin.

While speaking from the Senate floor in support of a bill advancing Montenegro’s bid to join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), McCain noted objection from his Kentucky colleague, saying that if you oppose the measure, “You are achieving the objectives of Vladimir Putin... trying to dismember this small country which has already been the subject an attempted coup.”

McCain continued: “If they object, they are now carrying out the desires and ambitions of Vladimir Putin and I do not say that lightly.”

[clip]

In a statement to The Daily Beast, a McCain spokesperson clarified the senator’s words, writing: “Senator McCain believes that the person who benefits the most from Congress’s failure to ratify Montenegro’s ascension to NATO is Vladimir Putin, whose government has sought to destroy the NATO alliance, erode confidence in America’s commitments to its allies, overthrow the duly-elected government of Montenegro, and undermine democratic institutions throughout Europe.”

Chris0nllyn

Rand Paul did a mic drop.

[video=youtube;Z06ELqdKzoE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z06ELqdKzoE[/video]

And his follow up statement:
Currently, the United States has troops in dozens of countries and is actively fighting in Iraq, Syria, Libya, and Yemen (with the occasional drone strike in Pakistan). In addition, the United States is pledged to defend 28 countries in NATO. It is unwise to expand the monetary and military obligations of the United States given the burden of our $20 trillion debt
http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/15/mccain-rand-paul-is-now-working-for-vladimir-putin/

It's too bad this man (Paul) isn't President.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
McCain has Putin Obsessive Disorder it seems.

No. The guy, like most of us, sees the world through the lens of his formulative years. Some who served in Vietnam, came to see it for what it was. Others, and for good reasons, don't want to let go of at least our intentions being noble and, like me, hold on to the idea we COULD do good for the world if we actually fight to win. When you can't separate bad intentions from good, it leaves you like McCain; every war is the same and, in his case, all good ones.

SamSpade

He's gonna have to learn how to be a reality star and call people names if he hopes to ever have a chance. Or maybe we grow up between now and '20?

Well, he definitely does NOT have the charisma part down. You don't get elected to be a leader just by being smart.

Even a general must inspire his troops. A leader has to be more than just brilliant.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well, he definitely does NOT have the charisma part down. You don't get elected to be a leader just by being smart.

Even a general must inspire his troops. A leader has to be more than just brilliant.

Does that reflect more on him or us? We KNOW we're motivated and inspired by appearances and dog and pony show more than reason and thoughtfulness. 25% of us LOVE Trump and his style. 25% LOVE Obama and his. And so on. While I can do nothing but agree with your sentiment, the type of people we elect, time and again, if we bored with a Paul making sense and wanna get back to someone hurling insults or self aggrandizement, Paul isn't the problem. In other words, what you suggest, what it would take to 'inspire' the troops would be to win on grounds that make governing with reason and thought impossible.

Chris0nllyn

If I were a member of the military, it would inspire me that my boss was hesitant to send me to fight seemingly endless and fruitless wars.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If I were a member of the military, it would inspire me that my boss was hesitant to send me to fight seemingly endless and fruitless wars.

I took him to mean voters who might otherwise be inspired to support Paul in a serious bid to win the presidency.

Chris0nllyn

I took him to mean voters who might otherwise be inspired to support Paul in a serious bid to win the presidency.

I guess the inspiration litmus test is wild promises. Promise the world and get elected. Promise hope and change. When the world isn't what was promised, there's suddenly "oh, well I didn't really expect all that."

Throughout the election, even the past few, there's been calls for another party. Another option. As if there isn't already. There's the constant cries from those who don't see they've been played by their own party these past few...decades...that voting for someone other than their guy is just stupid and the fate of the country rests in your hands. THIS year is the year. This time is different and maybe we'll shake things up next time.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I guess the inspiration litmus test is wild promises. Promise the world and get elected. Promise hope and change. When the world isn't what was promised, there's suddenly "oh, well I didn't really expect all that."

Not always wild promises. 43 promised he was a 'limited gummint kinda guy, for a humble foreign policy and trusting the 'merican people...' to which he proved it with Med D, No Child, TSA, DHS, Pat Act, the GM bailout, TARP.

Oh, and losing not one but two wars while doubling the national debt AND delivering tax cuts. :patriot:

Trump inspired by being insulting. Obama inspired on pure hope with zero basis in reality. Bush inspired as above. Clinton inspired....by not being Bush 41 or Bob Dole. Bush 41 inspired by not being Mike Dukakis. Reagan inspired. Carter inspired by not being Nixon or Ford.

All pretty much as per natures laws; for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. So, maybe that bodes well for Paul as the measured, reserved, strong intellect to Trump's carnival barker?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
John McCain is psychotic. He has never gotten over his loss to Bush in 2000, or his loss to Obama in 2008, and he's ROYALLY pissed that Donald Trump jumped the line and is now president....and McCain is not. How dare they???

McCain is a putz. A patsy. He sucked Democrat ass so they'd "love" him, and the second he threatened their boy they kicked him in the teeth. And he, because he's a psycho egomaniac, tried to blame Sarah Palin for his stupidity and failures. Then what does he do? That's right, he sucks MORE Lefty ass. Not even sure why he's technically a Republican. At the very least he should go Independent, then caucus with the Democrats like the rest of the "independents" do.

McCain's own mother famously said she thought people would "hold their nose" and vote for him in 2008. Too bad for him not enough people wanted to hold their nose.

Him sending his boy over to another freaking country to collect dirt on Trump is the act of a mentally unstable person.

stgislander

PREMO Member
And I alone in thinking that one of our biggest mistake was to allow NATO to become the EU's defacto military force?