Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sessions: Marijuana only slightly less awful than heroin

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    Given that, would you expect him, a guy with no medical training, no training in medical research or anything like that, to be expected to

Good point. Now that you point it out, I'd expect him to ignore reality and do just as he is told. Now, I think even less of him and my already shaky impression of Trump as being sensible goes with it.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

I feel much safer now that I have Sessions there to protect me from myself.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Good point. Now that you point it out, I'd expect him to ignore reality and do just as he is told. Now, I think even less of him and my already shaky impression of Trump as being sensible goes with it.
    Nice that you make a decision on a man because he isn't a dope lover.
    But of course having read your post over the years it's no surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Nice that you make a decision on a man because he isn't a dope lover.
    But of course having read your post over the years it's no surprise.
    Anyone who equates weed and heroin so closely is, simply put, a dope. I take it as a compliment that you are effectively saying I'm not that stupid.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

"The reality" is that many learned people have significant issues with pot use and have studies and significant research to back that up. The further reality is that even elected officials should not have the authority to reflexively dismiss the work done by subordinate organizations with little to back up their opinions.

Even the research we discussed in the previous discussion was not conclusive that pot is anything but a lesser option in the vast majority of medical studies.

Your reality isn't most people's.
    It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
    Jiddu Krisnamurti

Anyone who equates weed and heroin so closely is, simply put, a dope. I take it as a compliment that you are effectively saying I'm not that stupid.
    The problem with this position is that it is counter to the science involved at the DEA level. You need to convince them to change the category, then argue

"The reality" is that many learned people have significant issues with pot use and have studies and significant research to back that up. .

Not compared to heroin and that is the subject, the point of what we're talking about here. He may as well have equated jumping out of bed and jumping out of airplanes. THAT is everyone's reality.

It was a stupid, thoughtless comment and either he's stupid and thoughtless or working for someone who is. It's the exact same inane horse #### as people trying to compare Trump and Hitler. It's an insult to our intelligence.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Not compared to heroin and that is the subject, the point of what we're talking about here. He may as well have equated jumping out of bed and jumping out of airplanes. THAT is everyone's reality.

It was a stupid, thoughtless comment and either he's stupid and thoughtless or working for someone who is. It's the exact same inane horse #### as people trying to compare Trump and Hitler. It's an insult to our intelligence.
    My personal beliefs are in line with your view of this. The category of drugs at the control level aren't. If you're going to change the authority opinion, you need to overcome their evidence

My personal beliefs are in line with your view of this. The category of drugs at the control level aren't. If you're going to change the authority opinion, you need to overcome their evidence
    And I am astonished to hear people suggest that we can solve our heroin crisis by legalizing marijuana – so people can trade one life-wrecking dependency for another that’s only slightly less awful.##Our nation needs to say clearly once again that using drugs will destroy your life.
    if you believe, for ONE second, ANY evidence that even suggests that statement to be remotely true, no real evidence nor, apparently, any real life experience or notice of the papers is going to dissuade you.

7 kids ended up in the hospital locally last weekend. 3 died. To heroin. We're still waiting, what, 2,000 years and counting, worldwide, for our first weed death.
    President Obama was a pot head and low level dealer. His life ruined? President Bush 43 was a serious coke head and drunk. That ruin his life? Now, how many people's lives were ruined to this idiotic 'war' on drugs because they got busted when George and Barrack got a privileged pass or were just lucky?

Sessions had his chance with me. Now, I hear a bleating moron with zero dignity or self respect wiling to, officially, dole out DESTRUCTIVE and counter productive nonsense and lies for, apparently, an agenda.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

And another thing; violence over weed sales and distribution have all but disappeared.

WHY? Because we've, largely, except for Jeff Sessions, grown up enough to pseudo legalize it and then, naturally, the profit for it, THE motive for the violence, has all but disappeared. Prohibition is a win for criminals, lawyers, crooked cops and judges and the jail system. It's a lose for everyone else.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Members who have read this thread: 63