Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sessions: Marijuana only slightly less awful than heroin

Sessions: Marijuana only slightly less awful than heroin

I realize this may be an unfashionable belief in a time of growing tolerance of drug use. But too many lives are at stake to worry about being fashionable. I reject the idea that America will be a better place if marijuana is sold in every corner store. And I am astonished to hear people suggest that we can solve our heroin crisis by legalizing marijuana – so people can trade one life-wrecking dependency for another that’s only slightly less awful. Our nation needs to say clearly once again that using drugs will destroy your life.
    https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/a...me-and-restore
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

And?
    It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
    Jiddu Krisnamurti

Wow, there goes all my Dope stocks

"IYAOYAS" and a Proud Deplorable

well that is just stupid
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

I like it, and I agree.

I now actively dislike him and oppose him.
    Nepotism begins at home

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I now actively dislike him and oppose him.
    Jiddu Krisnamurti

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    I'd thought him an intelligent, thoughtful guy. Regardless of what one thinks about personal responsibly and freedom, to equate weed and heroin, especially with all the plain, simple facts that we've long ignored or tried to lie to ourselves out of, this is just...dumb.
    So, is he a moron or just thinks everyone else is? Or just following orders? Which reflects very poorly on Trump.
    Nepotism begins at home

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    I'd thought him an intelligent, thoughtful guy. Regardless of what one thinks about personal responsibly and freedom, to equate weed and heroin, especially with all the plain, simple facts that we've long ignored or tried to lie to ourselves out of, this is just...dumb.
    So, is he a moron or just thinks everyone else is? Or just following orders? Which reflects very poorly on Trump.
    I think he's following what the law says. Based on the law, he is 100% accurate.

Now, you can assert you find the law inaccurate, and show the details thereof, and see where that gets you in terms of changing the law. But, according to the law, he is 100% correct. As I understand, it was just reevaluated and the classification of marijuana has not changed. Given that, would you expect him, a guy with no medical training, no training in medical research or anything like that, to be expected to overrule the technicians and doctorates that made the determination, and confirmed the determination recently? Is that how you want government to work - "Bob said you're wrong, Doctor Expert, so change your ruling."?
    Jiddu Krisnamurti

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    I think he's following what the law says. Based on the law, he is 100% accurate.

Now, you can assert you find the law inaccurate, and show the details thereof, and see where that gets you in terms of changing the law. But, according to the law, he is 100% correct. As I understand, it was just reevaluated and the classification of marijuana has not changed. Given that, would you expect him, a guy with no medical training, no training in medical research or anything like that, to be expected to overrule the technicians and doctorates that made the determination, and confirmed the determination recently? Is that how you want government to work - "Bob said you're wrong, Doctor Expert, so change your ruling."?
    Based on his wording, I doubt that he was going with the "law" angle. Based on that, and the fact that marijuana and heroin are classified the same, then why would he use "slightly less awful" instead of "just as awful?

The law does not mention any substance being more "life-wrecking" than another.

And who is "suggest[ing] that we can solve our heroin crisis by legalizing marijuana"?

I think he's following a mindset shared by many in his generation.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Members who have read this thread: 63