Thread: Lemonade lemons

Blog Entries

Lemonade lemons

Those are a thing. I bought them at Fresh Market - they look like regular lemons, but they're sweet. You can peel and eat them like an orange, or you can juice them and boom! Lemonade. They were $2.99/lb and I used 6 of them to make a glass of lemonade. Needless to say, that was the most expensive drink I've ever had in my whole life and it's unlikely I'll do it again. It's good but not that good.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Those are a thing. I bought them at Fresh Market - they look like regular lemons, but they're sweet. You can peel and eat them like an orange, or you can juice them and boom! Lemonade. They were $2.99/lb and I used 6 of them to make a glass of lemonade. Needless to say, that was the most expensive drink I've ever had in my whole life and it's unlikely I'll do it again. It's good but not that good.
    Those are Meyer lemons (probably). Walmart sells them here just before clementines come out.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    Those are Meyer lemons (probably). Walmart sells them here just before clementines come out.
    REALLY!?! I miss Myer lemons! We used to have them in our yards in California. I must look for them!
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    Probably. I've never tasted a Meyer lemon straight up, I've always preserved them or used them in something.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Probably. I've never tasted a Meyer lemon straight up, I've always preserved them or used them in something.
    1/2 Orange 1/2 Lemon
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

Real homemade lemonade. Now I'm thirsty!!!

Members who have read this thread: 50