Milk is Racist

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
WUT: College Student Explains Why Milk Is Racist

Samantha Diaz, a staff writer for California State University-Long Beach's student newspaper The Daily 49er, wrote an article claiming that white supremacists and neo-Nazis are appropriating milk as a symbol of hate. Here is the hook to her article:

When you think of milk, what first comes to your mind? If you’re a millennial, you probably think of strong bones, Got Milk? commercials, or maybe eating your favorite cereal while watching cartoons on a Saturday morning.

What about racism? White nationalism? If you’re having trouble finding the connection between these institutions and milk, you’re not alone. You, along with the rest of the nation, have been so accustomed to hearing the benefits of milk that you probably didn’t even realize the subtle racism hidden in our health facts.

Diaz then argued that the federal government's endorsement of milk as a beneficial part of the country's diet "contributes to the problem by uncritically pushing people to drink milk, despite the potential detriment it has on non-white people’s health." She stated that because African-Americans do not suffer from osteoporosis, a bone disease, at the same rates as most Americans, the United States is promoting a racist agenda. She also argued that the trolls at 4chan who hijacked Shia LaBeouf's "He Will Not Divide Us" shtick, drank milk to counter-protest him as a means of imposing white supremacy on the actor.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
You just can't respond to this stupidity anymore. Seriously. How does one respond to that? It's just...incomprehensible for something like that to even enter into one's thought process.

PsyOps

Pixelated
What color is the milk that comes out of the breast of a black woman?

Now, those white fluffy clouds I see in the sky??????????? :jameo:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
She also argued that the trolls at 4chan who hijacked Shia LaBeouf's "He Will Not Divide Us" shtick, drank milk to counter-protest him as a means of imposing white supremacy on the actor.

:lmao:

You have to give it to her - that's some seriously creative thinking. Too bad she's using it to be hateful and divisive.

Hijinx

Samantha Diaz, a staff writer for California State University-Long Beach's student newspaper The Daily 49er,

This is what we are sending to college to be America's future.

God save us.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

God save us.

Yes, and I can't believe that universities aren't failing in a major way. I can't imagine that there are that many parents who want to pay for a "non" education, and the students themselves, for the most part, are probably too lazy to do enough footwork and actually put packages together/write essays for scholarships.

SamSpade

:lmao:

You have to give it to her - that's some seriously creative thinking. Too bad she's using it to be hateful and divisive.

My first thought was - how old is this lady? When was the last time there were Saturday morning cartoons?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

God save us.

Well, wait. Ideally kids go to college and part of their education is learning how to think, and think outside the box. I would say that this girl is absolutely embracing that. We don't have to agree with her in order to see that she has done a fine job of making a claim, then connecting dots to support her claim.

In high school my English teacher often used to give us a silly topic/statement that we were then to write a paper supporting. It was an exercise on how to think creatively.

Hijinx

Well, wait. Ideally kids go to college and part of their education is learning how to think, and think outside the box. I would say that this girl is absolutely embracing that. We don't have to agree with her in order to see that she has done a fine job of making a claim, then connecting dots to support her claim.

In high school my English teacher often used to give us a silly topic/statement that we were then to write a paper supporting. It was an exercise on how to think creatively.

I don't have a problem agreeing with you about her making an argument, but IMO her argument grew from her racism.
And that aint good.

Hijinx

I am going to get in trouble here, but lets move on from armpits. I believe most women shave their armpits, and almost all of them shave their legs.
I am an old man and in my day most women grew hair in their pelvic region.
I am no expert on this, and certainly have no experience with it, but I have been told by the younger set that many women today shave their pelvic area.

Now I ask the question to feminists, Does this mean if you don't look like a gorilla you cannot be a feminist?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
So would adding Hersheys syrup be the offensive equivalent of black face?

black dog

Free America
WUT: College Student Explains Why Milk Is Racist

Samantha Diaz, a staff writer for California State University-Long Beach's student newspaper The Daily 49er, wrote an article claiming that white supremacists and neo-Nazis are appropriating milk as a symbol of hate. Here is the hook to her article:

When you think of milk, what first comes to your mind? If you’re a millennial, you probably think of strong bones, Got Milk? commercials, or maybe eating your favorite cereal while watching cartoons on a Saturday morning.

What about racism? White nationalism? If you’re having trouble finding the connection between these institutions and milk, you’re not alone. You, along with the rest of the nation, have been so accustomed to hearing the benefits of milk that you probably didn’t even realize the subtle racism hidden in our health facts.

Diaz then argued that the federal government's endorsement of milk as a beneficial part of the country's diet "contributes to the problem by uncritically pushing people to drink milk, despite the potential detriment it has on non-white people’s health." She stated that because African-Americans do not suffer from osteoporosis, a bone disease, at the same rates as most Americans, the United States is promoting a racist agenda. She also argued that the trolls at 4chan who hijacked Shia LaBeouf's "He Will Not Divide Us" shtick, drank milk to counter-protest him as a means of imposing white supremacy on the actor.

Samantha, you are being udderly ridiculous.