Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milk is Racist

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    In high school my English teacher often used to give us a silly topic/statement that we were then to write a paper supporting. It was an exercise on how to think creatively.
    "A Modest Proposal"
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Well, wait. Ideally kids go to college and part of their education is learning how to think, and think outside the box. I would say that this girl is absolutely embracing that. We don't have to agree with her in order to see that she has done a fine job of making a claim, then connecting dots to support her claim.

In high school my English teacher often used to give us a silly topic/statement that we were then to write a paper supporting. It was an exercise on how to think creatively.
    I don't have a problem agreeing with you about her making an argument, but IMO her argument grew from her racism.
    And that aint good.

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    Now, clean shaven arm pits are under attack.... https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/0...woman-armpits/
    Good grief.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    Now, clean shaven arm pits are under attack....

https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/0...woman-armpits/
    I am going to get in trouble here, but lets move on from armpits. I believe most women shave their armpits, and almost all of them shave their legs.
    I am an old man and in my day most women grew hair in their pelvic region.
    I am no expert on this, and certainly have no experience with it, but I have been told by the younger set that many women today shave their pelvic area.

Now I ask the question to feminists, Does this mean if you don't look like a gorilla you cannot be a feminist?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    "A Modest Proposal"
    Just like that
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

So would adding Hersheys syrup be the offensive equivalent of black face?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    So would adding Hersheys syrup be the offensive equivalent of black face?
    Like I said, JMO, yo! - Roman

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    WUT: College Student Explains Why Milk Is Racist

Samantha Diaz, a staff writer for California State University-Long Beach's student newspaper The Daily 49er, wrote an article claiming that white supremacists and neo-Nazis are appropriating milk as a symbol of hate. Here is the hook to her article:

When you think of milk, what first comes to your mind? If you’re a millennial, you probably think of strong bones, Got Milk? commercials, or maybe eating your favorite cereal while watching cartoons on a Saturday morning.

What about racism? White nationalism? If you’re having trouble finding the connection between these institutions and milk, you’re not alone. You, along with the rest of the nation, have been so accustomed to hearing the benefits of milk that you probably didn’t even realize the subtle racism hidden in our health facts.

Diaz then argued that the federal government's endorsement of milk as a beneficial part of the country's diet "contributes to the problem by uncritically pushing people to drink milk, despite the potential detriment it has on non-white people’s health." She stated that because African-Americans do not suffer from osteoporosis, a bone disease, at the same rates as most Americans, the United States is promoting a racist agenda. She also argued that the trolls at 4chan who hijacked Shia LaBeouf's "He Will Not Divide Us" shtick, drank milk to counter-protest him as a means of imposing white supremacy on the actor.

Samantha, you are being udderly ridiculous.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Members who have read this thread: 42