MadCow Blames Her Audience For Her Failed Media Reveal

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Maddow Blames Her Audience For Her Failed Media Reveal

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow must be getting salty after she had the greatest fake news reveal of all time, as she is now blaming her audience for it.

Maddow lashed out to the Associated Press (AP), stating, "Because I have information about the president doesn't mean that it's necessarily a scandal. If other people leapt to that conclusion without me indicating that it was, that hype is external to what we did."

This is revisionist history. Daily Wire editor-in-chief Ben Shapiro noted that "the buildup was immense" to Maddow's big reveal, since she was the one that hyped the tax returns on Twitter and began her show "with one of her patented, long-winded wind-ups" before revealing that Trump paid millions of dollars in taxes.

There certainly was rampant speculation as to what exactly was in Trump's tax returns, but it was Maddow herself who ignited the speculation by teasing it as some sort of bombshell when it was actually a dud.

Maddow also seemed to suggest that people were delirious that a piece of Trump's tax returns was actually available, according to The Hill:

“I think the reason people were so excited is because it’s really weird that the president hasn’t released his financial information,” she told Jimmy Fallon Wednesday on NBC's "The Tonight Show." “It’s really odd, and there’s reasons to worry about it.”

"So when we found out that we had one, it was like speaking to a group of people dying of thirst in the desert and we were like, ‘Behold, we have found a drop.’ ‘A drop? You have a drop!?'”

mAlice

professional daydreamer
"So when we found out that we had one, it was like speaking to a group of people dying of thirst in the desert and we were like, ‘Behold, we have found a drop.’ ‘A drop? You have a drop!?'”

Next, she'll be telling us she's the messiah.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
She is correct - it IS the fault of her audience. They are stupid, and want to hear stupidity to support their lack of cognition. She merely provides it.

As I have said often, if people are going to be stupid someone should be able to make money off them. Rachel is just following that model.

Hijinx

She is correct - it IS the fault of her audience. They are stupid, and want to hear stupidity to support their lack of cognition. She merely provides it.

As I have said often, if people are going to be stupid someone should be able to make money off them. Rachel is just following that model.

I agree with you that Maddow's audience is stupid.
By the way I do not happen to be in her audience.
I also believe the Audience of "The View" is stupid.

As for the Trump tax issue. She made her own bed there.
She has hated Trump from the first, she has done nothing but ridicule him.
So, Ipso facto, when she came up with his tax returns--her audience naturally thought she had him by the balls.

Well she didn't, and she would have been wise to just STFU, but she decided to milk it for all it was worth---and the milk turned sour on her.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I agree with you that Maddow's audience is stupid.
By the way I do not happen to be in her audience.
I also believe the Audience of "The View" is stupid.

As for the Trump tax issue. She made her own bed there.
She has hated Trump from the first, she has done nothing but ridicule him.
So, Ipso facto, when she came up with his tax returns--her audience naturally thought she had him by the balls.

Well she didn't, and she would have been wise to just STFU, but she decided to milk it for all it was worth---and the milk turned sour on her.

I believe that if Rachel Maddow wasn't her, she'd be one of her viewers. Unless she's just a hell of an actress. Clearly she is a left progbot, but I think she does overreact and embellish to play to her audience. Some of the crap she comes up with is so stupid that it cannot possibly be her actual viewpoint. She is an educated woman and when she's not playing her role she is well spoken and intelligent.

Hijinx

I believe that if Rachel Maddow wasn't her, she'd be one of her viewers. Unless she's just a hell of an actress. Clearly she is a left progbot, but I think she does overreact and embellish to play to her audience. Some of the crap she comes up with is so stupid that it cannot possibly be her actual viewpoint. She is an educated woman and when she's not playing her role she is well spoken and intelligent.

I never met her, don't watch her show, have never seen her other than channel surfing through,definitely have not seen her when she isn't playing her role.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I never met her, don't watch her show, have never seen her other than channel surfing through,definitely have not seen her when she isn't playing her role.

Then why do you feel qualified to comment on her?

Hijinx

Then why do you feel qualified to comment on her?

I believe I am qualified to comment on her display of Trumps tax papers as it has been all over the news for the last week.
What I do know of her is that she is an unapologetic Trump hater and liberal. That is no secret either.
She is a celebrity who is in the news regularly like many other celebrities, that I don't personally know but I can comment on what I know of her, or have learned of her from the sources I have encountered.

How do you know she is educated and well spoken and intelligent" Probably from sources you have seen and you aren't qualified to comment on her,
Or do you know her personally?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
She's ####ing smart as hell and VERY well educated, competitive and successful. She just happens to have her political views, coming from what she calls a VERY catholic upbringing, the trauma of being out-ed in college and her parents finding out from that. She's a pretty typical kid who has plenty of reasons to despise the patriarchal aspects of America and it's history.

No. I don't know her. I know 'search engine'. What is readily available about her adds up pretty easy to the show she does and her views. As I say, she got all amped up and thought she had a scoop knowing full damn well that with the internet of things she had maybe a few hours to do it or take pause and see how it played before jumping. She jumped and like many who have has ####ed up, immediately started backpedaling as furious as she could to try and minimize the embarrassment.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How do you know she is educated and well spoken and intelligent" Probably from sources you have seen and you aren't qualified to comment on her,

Um, duh, I have watched her show many times and seen her as a guest on other shows. I have actually heard her in her own words directly from...her.

SamSpade

She's ####ing smart as hell and VERY well educated, competitive and successful. She just happens to have her political views, coming from what she calls a VERY catholic upbringing, the trauma of being out-ed in college and her parents finding out from that. She's a pretty typical kid who has plenty of reasons to despise the patriarchal aspects of America and it's history.

No. I don't know her. I know 'search engine'. What is readily available about her adds up pretty easy to the show she does and her views. As I say, she got all amped up and thought she had a scoop knowing full damn well that with the internet of things she had maybe a few hours to do it or take pause and see how it played before jumping. She jumped and like many who have has ####ed up, immediately started backpedaling as furious as she could to try and minimize the embarrassment.

Is it really possible she had NO IDEA what the return would have? Or did she just think it would play out better, without having bothered?
I can't think of a single person I know who wouldn't at least have looked first - if only to come up with a way to make it look worse.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Is it really possible she had NO IDEA what the return would have? Or did she just think it would play out better, without having bothered?
I can't think of a single person I know who wouldn't at least have looked first - if only to come up with a way to make it look worse.

She absolutely looked at it before she went on the air. To even suggest she may not have is ridiculous. There is no way a professional like Rachel Maddow puts together a story with an unknown centerpiece.

No way.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Again, given the competitive nature of the business these days, her animus towards someone like Trump and her nature as a rather high energy, excitable person, I think she simply got out ahead of herself. Pretty simple, really. Clearly, in hindsight, she didn't want to be doing something that essentially kills the tax return issue or at least blows a lot of the interest out of it. That's what hindsight is for. She's human. She ####ed it up. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Again, given the competitive nature of the business these days, her animus towards someone like Trump and her nature as a rather high energy, excitable person, I think she simply got out ahead of herself. Pretty simple, really. Clearly, in hindsight, she didn't want to be doing something that essentially kills the tax return issue or at least blows a lot of the interest out of it. That's what hindsight is for. She's human. She ####ed it up. :shrug:

If that's true, that makes her an idiot bot who is not only unprofessional, but epicly stupid. I'm not buying that.

I'll tell you what I will buy: that she got "Rather Syndrome" and became arrogant, to the point that she underestimated the backlash and thought she was untouchable. It's not like she spends a lot of time exploring alternate viewpoints either personally or professionally. And we know that, given her lackluster ratings, her fellow prog media types give her a disproportionate amount of attention. Yes, she is MSNBC's star, but that's not saying much.

Hijinx

Um, duh, I have watched her show many times and seen her as a guest on other shows. I have actually heard her in her own words directly from...her.

Like I said. Sources you have seen.

So you feel qualified to comment.
So do I from what I have seen. Doesn't necessarily mean either of us is right, but I can comment. That is what the forum is for---or isn't it?

Hijinx

If that's true, that makes her an idiot bot who is not only unprofessional, but epicly stupid. I'm not buying that.

I'll tell you what I will buy: that she got "Rather Syndrome" and became arrogant, to the point that she underestimated the backlash and thought she was untouchable. It's not like she spends a lot of time exploring alternate viewpoints either personally or professionally. And we know that, given her lackluster ratings, her fellow prog media types give her a disproportionate amount of attention. Yes, she is MSNBC's star, but that's not saying much.

She absolutely looked at it before she went on the air. To even suggest she may not have is ridiculous. There is no way a professional like Rachel Maddow puts together a story with an unknown centerpiece.

Gee you mean she deliberately made a fool of herself.

I'll tell you what I will buy: that she got "Rather Syndrome" and became arrogant, to the point that she underestimated the backlash and thought she was untouchable. It's not like she spends a lot of time exploring alternate viewpoints either personally or professionally. And we know that, given her lackluster ratings, her fellow prog media types give her a disproportionate amount of attention. Yes, she is MSNBC's star, but that's not saying much

That wasn't so smart for someone of her high intelligence was it?

Lets stop the argument. She milked this thing for all it was worth and it came back and bit her.
She phucked up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Like I said. Sources you have seen.

Hello?? That "source" is...her.

Of course you can comment all you like - it's a free country. But don't pretend to be some expert when you plainly admit that you've never even seen this woman or heard her voice.