Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Trump Budget proposes cutting funding for the Chesapeake Bay Clean up

Quote Originally Posted by DoWhat View Post
    Damn it, I thought it was four.

I got 2.73345901651. That's rounded off.
    I liked Calvert County better when there were only two stoplights.

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alicejohn View Post
    What is the answer?
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

It is such a shame, and so sad about the Chesapeake Bay. My fave book is Chesapeake by Michener.

John Smith said, when he explored the Chesapeake..."Heaven and earth have never agreed better to frame a place for man's habitation."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chesapeake_Bay
    Like I said, JMO, yo! - Roman

At the end of the day we all know no matter what cuts are proposed no one except the top 1% are going to see any reduction in taxes so I for one think $72 million is reasonable for the Bay. I'd like to see funding increased.

That's less then what Trump is projected to spend flying to Florida to golf every weekend so if we can stop him from doing that there is the savings right there

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CalvertNewb View Post
    At the end of the day we all know no matter what cuts are proposed no one except the top 1% are going to see any reduction in taxes so I for one think $72 million is reasonable for the Bay. I'd like to see funding increased.

That's less then what Trump is projected to spend flying to Florida to golf every weekend so if we can stop him from doing that there is the savings right there
    why are you in favor of the Feds confiscating money and then "giving it back "? You don't see how crazy that is?.??
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Unless you consider money for schools, roads, hospitals , bridges, tunnels confiscated and insane I don't really see much difference in using the funds to improve something that directly effects and is effected by of a large percentage of the east coast population

How would you spend the $72,000,000.00 and what results should the tax payers see from those efforts?
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

Blog Entries
    Unless you consider money for schools, roads, hospitals , bridges, tunnels confiscated and insane I don't really see much difference in using the funds to improve something that directly effects and is effected by of a large percentage of the east coast population
    You missed the point. Completely. Again, why should we want the Federal government to confiscate our money and then dole it back out to the states again, after wasting a bunch of it on overhead in the process. If the bay needs money spent on something specific, affected states can fund those things directly.

And the bay does not affect a large percent of MDs population, but I agree it is a treasure.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    You missed the point. Completely. Again, why should we want the Federal government to confiscate our money and then dole it back out to the states again, after wasting a bunch of it on overhead in the process. If the bay needs money spent on something specific, affected states can fund those things directly.

And the bay does not affect a large percent of MDs population, but I agree it is a treasure.
    Almost the entire state of Md is in the watershed. Therefore the state does contribute negatively and positively to the health of the bay. Hence why I said a large portion of Md's population. Only Garrett county is excluded

State government can be just as inefficient. Especially when you have six states and D.C. running similar programs to reach one goal. That is redundant. When the fed could have one program. A lot of federal dollars are also given directly to NGO's and don't go back to the states as you claim

Blog Entries
    Almost the entire state of Md is in the watershed. Therefore the state does contribute negatively and positively to the health of the bay. Hence why I said a large portion of Md's population. Only Garrett county is excluded

State government can be just as inefficient. Especially when you have six states and D.C. running similar programs to reach one goal. That is redundant. When the fed could have one program. A lot of federal dollars are also given directly to NGO's and don't go back to the states as you claim
    That's even worse. Having the Federal government acting as middle man is grossly inefficient. Period. The bloated mess desparately needs to be cut down in size and scope.

Members who have read this thread: 100