Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Budget proposes cutting funding for the Chesapeake Bay Clean up

Trump Budget proposes cutting funding for the Chesapeake Bay Clean up

Just wanted to see how people felt about Potus's proposal to cut federal funding to the Bay restoration fund

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/t...aab87add5.html

So much of this stuff shouldn't be federal to begin with. Like the mobster extorting money from all the local business and then throwing a block party.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Everyone wants to see cuts....as long as nothing they are attached to gets cut.

Typical.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

I am curious as to how much the State of MD and VA kick in above and beyond what the Federal Gov't pays. Regardless though, I'm fine with the cut. Raise that $73M of lost taxpayer money through private donations and fundraisers. I'm sure they can come up with any number of clever ways to raise the cash.
    Darling, if you want to talk bollocks and discover the meaning of life, you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey. At least that way, you're unconscious by the time you start to take yourself seriously. ......Patsy Stone ABFAB Goddess

It isn't difficult to make a mountain out of a molehill, just add a little dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    So much of this stuff shouldn't be federal to begin with. Like the mobster extorting money from all the local business and then throwing a block party.
    I don't really get your example. Are you saying the funds are just used to party and not for actual bay cleanup?

To me it seems that coordinating six states and DC which make up the Bay watershed would make sense to fall under Federal jurisdiction ( less waste and redundancy)then having all 6 and DC negotiating and organizing among themselves.
    Last edited by CalvertNewb; 03-17-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CalvertNewb View Post
    I don't really get your example. Are you saying the funds are just used to party and not for actual bay cleanup?

To me it seems that coordinating six states and DC which make up the Bay watershed would make sense to fall under Federal jurisdiction ( less waste and redundancy)then having all 6 and DC negotiating and organizing among themselves.
    The six states involved should do it themselves as a team. No need for the fed, and it's overhead to be involved in what's a local matter. The "party" is the fed siphoning money it took from the states in the name of taxes, using some portion of it for overhead then dispenbsing it back to the states for these efforts. It's a pretty rare case where federal involvement is responsible for less waste and redundancy.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by Christy View Post
    I am curious as to how much the State of MD and VA kick in above and beyond what the Federal Gov't pays. Regardless though, I'm fine with the cut. Raise that $73M of lost taxpayer money through private donations and fundraisers. I'm sure they can come up with any number of clever ways to raise the cash.
    Exactly my thoughts...
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    Exactly my thoughts...
    I would like to propose an adopt an oyster program, or adopt a crab. I'd pay a monthly stipend to fend for my future dinner.

You could also run competitions between large donor's. Create teams and have a competition on who can raise the most money, or who can rally the most volunteers. It's really not rocket science.

What would be great is if Trump donated a substantial amount of his own money to the foundation. Lead by example and such.
    Darling, if you want to talk bollocks and discover the meaning of life, you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey. At least that way, you're unconscious by the time you start to take yourself seriously. ......Patsy Stone ABFAB Goddess

It isn't difficult to make a mountain out of a molehill, just add a little dirt.

MD, VA, DE should fund cleaning it up, not a federal program. I wonder if the feds even require the tracking of expenditures towards this.
    President Trump, the most qualified POTUS in the last 8 and a half years!

They have been "cleaning" up the Bay for 50 years and Billions of dollars for what?
    It hasn't worked.

Our Bay is dying from a Thousand Cuts.....money is not the answer..
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.