Russian elite invested nearly $100 million in Trump buildings

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" MIAMI/MOSCOW – During the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald J. Trump downplayed his business ties with Russia. And since taking office as president, he has been even more emphatic.

“I can tell you, speaking for myself, I own nothing in Russia,” President Trump said at a news conference last month. “I have no loans in Russia. I don’t have any deals in Russia.”

But in the United States, members of the Russian elite have invested in Trump buildings. A Reuters review has found that at least 63 individuals with Russian passports or addresses have bought at least $98.4 million worth of property in seven Trump-branded luxury towers in southern Florida, according to public documents, interviews and corporate records.

The buyers include politically connected businessmen, such as a former executive in a Moscow-based state-run construction firm that works on military and intelligence facilities, the founder of a St. Petersburg investment bank and the co-founder of a conglomerate with interests in banking, property and electronics.

People from the second and third tiers of Russian power have invested in the Trump buildings as well. One recently posted a photo of himself with the leader of a Russian motorcycle gang that was sanctioned by the United States for its alleged role in Moscow’s seizure of Crimea.

The White House referred questions from Reuters to the Trump Organization, whose chief legal officer said the scrutiny of President Trump’s business ties with Russia was misplaced.

“I can say definitively that this is an overblown story that is media-created,” Alan Garten said in an interview. “I’ve been around this company and know the company’s dealings.”

The tally of investors from Russia may be conservative. The analysis found that at least 703 – or about one-third – of the owners of the 2044 units in the seven Trump buildings are limited liability companies, or LLCs, which have the ability to hide the identity of a property’s true owner. And the nationality of many buyers could not be determined. Russian-Americans who did not use a Russian address or passport in their purchases were not included in the tally. "

http://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-trump-property/

littlelady

God bless the USA
Is this another "Maddow bombshell"?

No, it is a dud. Can we, please, talk about the Clintons and Obama that just about did our country in; and don't forget Soros, the backer of it all. We all just made it out by the hairs on our chinny chin chins. Whew!

Go, Trump. He didn't have to do it because he had already had it made. Have y'all seen his abode? :faint: That is why I believe he is a patriot. :patriot:

And, why does the media have amnesia about Hillary's uranium deal, and all the other bull crap when she was Sec of State? Reset button, anyone?
The hypocrisy of it all got old a long time ago.

How many people has Trump had killed to date? That's all. Nite, nite.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
op.jpg flex.jpg

Rommey

So let me get this straight....63 Russians bought units in Trump properties and somehow this constitutes a "tie" to the President? By that logic, then every other investor that bought a unit in a Trump property also has a "tie" to the President. Why is this a story?

Even the Reuters article says "The Reuters review of investors from Russia in Trump’s Florida condominium buildings found no suggestion of wrongdoing by President Trump or his real estate organization". So they admit no wrongdoing by either the President or his organization, yet there was enough conjecture on their part that they felt the need to make a story...

Hijinx

So let me get this straight....63 Russians bought units in Trump properties and somehow this constitutes a "tie" to the President? By that logic, then every other investor that bought a unit in a Trump property also has a "tie" to the President. Why is this a story?

Even the Reuters article says "The Reuters review of investors from Russia in Trump’s Florida condominium buildings found no suggestion of wrongdoing by President Trump or his real estate organization". So they admit no wrongdoing by either the President or his organization, yet there was enough conjecture on their part that they felt the need to make a story...

They know that Democrats only read the headline/
Russians invested money---and the light go on in the dems little minds.

Just like Sessions spoke to a Russian, The lights came on in their little minds.
The media knows what they are doing.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Chinese take control of the Panama Canal, thanks to Carter. Japanese largest buyer of Hawaiian real estate during late Bush 1, all of Clinton years. China biggest investor/purchaser in US real estate during Clinton, W, and Obama administrations. Any connections there????? Conspiracy?:sarcasm:

Hijinx

Chinese take control of the Panama Canal, thanks to Carter. Japanese largest buyer of Hawaiian real estate during late Bush 1, all of Clinton years. China biggest investor/purchaser in US real estate during Clinton, W, and Obama administrations. Any connections there????? Conspiracy?:sarcasm:

All of the Democrat posters wear blinders so they cannot see anything but anti-Trump.
Hillary got millions to her foundation from the Russians for her Uranium sale. but that was ok.

If the Russians were backing Trump why would they send millions to Hillary's foundation and pay Bubba $500,000 dollars for some bullsh1t speech.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

:shrug:

none of those Items were 'Owned' by the President of the time