Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Dept. Tanker Truck Rolls Over in Calvert Sat. a.m.

Fire Dept. Tanker Truck Rolls Over in Calvert Sat. a.m.

This just in...

On Saturday, March 18, 2017 at approximately 8:09 a.m., deputies from the Calvert County Sheriff's Office responded to Robinson Road in Huntingtown for an overturned tanker from the Dunkirk Volunteer Fire Department. The tanker was responding as the primary water supply to a house fire in Huntingtown. Two firefighters were injured in the crash. One patient was transported to CMH for evaluation, and one was transported by helicopter to MedStar Washington Hospital Center in critical condition. Both names are being held pending notifications.

The original house fire has been extinguished, and remains under investigation. This accident remains under investigation by the Calvert County Crash Reconstruction Team. Anyone with any information regarding this accident should call Detective Vlad Bortchevsky at 410-535-2800, or email at bortchv@co.cal.md.us

The kids need to let off the gas a bit. That's the fourth rolled firetruck in the last 3 years in the tricounty area.

Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    The kids need to let off the gas a bit. That's the fourth rolled firetruck in the last 3 years in the tricounty area.
    My friend you are assuming that it was a "kid". The driver was a retired Maryland State Trooper with over 25 years in the fire service. Wait until the actual findings are available before you go assuming "kids need to let off the gas a bit" Thoughts and prayers to both members that were flown to Medstar in DC.

Quote Originally Posted by mdff21 View Post
    My friend you are assuming that it was a "kid". The driver was a retired Maryland State Trooper with over 25 years in the fire service. Wait until the actual findings are available before you go assuming "kids need to let off the gas a bit" Thoughts and prayers to both members that were flown to Medstar in DC.

Wanna bet it happened on a curve on Robinson Rd?
    How about this, every year it seems that Fireman / LE somewhere in southern Maryland drive like there hair is on fire and crash and never do make it to the fire or accident along with destroying hundreds of thousands of the taxpayers money. It's reckless and easily avoided.
    They drive way to carelessly and fast. How many time do you get passed by a Trooper or Deputy doing 80+ mph and then they turn into Wawa,
    I would guess they are touching cotton maybe???
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

For all those making assumptions. This just in the Accident Reconstruction Team has determined that as "Tanker 5 was progressing through a curve on Robinson Road a tire failure, with a blowout and full tread separation occurred" which was a factor causing the accident.

For all those making assumptions. This just in the Accident Reconstruction Team has determined that as "Tanker 5 was progressing through a curve on Robinson Road a tire failure, with a blowout and full tread separation occurred" which was a factor causing the accident.
    I saw one of the tires in a photograph posted on Dunkirk's website appeared that the tread had separated. I will wait until the accident investigation is completed before commenting, except to say that I am sending prayers for the two firefighters injured in the accident.

My friend you are assuming that it was a "kid". The driver was a retired Maryland State Trooper with over 25 years in the fire service.
    Even worse. Troopers around here drive like #######s, with or without lights. I would fire all of them.

Its not like you ever see worn out tires on a Fire Dept Truck, wanna guess that it didn't have a full tread separation?
    For a $1,000 Alex i'll take excessive speed with a full load of water on board, its no different when a tanker truck rolls over exiting the highway on a cloverleaf.

For $ 10,000 Alex, show me on the picture which of the front tires has had the " FULL TREAD SEPARATION "Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calvert.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	175.7 KB 
ID:	117747

a rear retread separating will never cause that under NORMAL driving conditions.
    Last edited by black dog; 03-18-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Its not like you ever see worn out tires on a Fire Dept Truck, wanna guess that it didn't have a full tread separation?
    For a $1,000 Alex i'll take excessive speed with a full load of water on board, its no different when a tanker truck rolls over exiting the highway on a cloverleaf.

For $ 10,000 Alex, show me on the picture which of the front tires has had the " FULL TREAD SEPARATION "Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calvert.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	175.7 KB 
ID:	117747

a rear retread separating will never cause that under NORMAL driving conditions.
    They replaced the tire while they had access.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWhat View Post
    They replaced the tire while they had access.
    that sounds logical, but the bad tire is on the left outside of the front drive axle.

Members who have read this thread: 104