Kaepernick Being Frozen Out?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They're monopolies. That's not business. That's monopoly.

As far as Colin goes, no one wants him because he's not a good qb and he's moving on to his next career. Not exactly the combination one would want.

Even in a monopoly.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
They're monopolies. That's not business. That's monopoly.

As far as Colin goes, no one wants him because he's not a good qb and he's moving on to his next career. Not exactly the combination one would want.

Even in a monopoly.

Even a monopoly is a business.....and you are not forced to watch or buy tickets, unlike the electric companies.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Even a monopoly is a business.....and you are not forced to watch or buy tickets, unlike the electric companies.

Point being when you have a gummint protected monopoly, you're trading something for that including perhaps a little more political sensibility and accountability than you may otherwise be obligated to. I certainly wasn't looking at this from the customers view point.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Point being when you have a gummint protected monopoly, you're trading something for that including perhaps a little more political sensibility and accountability than you may otherwise be obligated to. I certainly wasn't looking at this from the customers view point.

What does that have to do with ####head being blackballed?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What does that have to do with ####head being blackballed?

You said big business, I pointed out that they're monopolies. There is a difference, and that in either case no one wants him because a, he's not very good anymore and b, he's moved on to being interested in his next career.

I should ask you what does being a big business have to do it seeings how that seemed to be your explanation, but I didn't have any trouble getting your point even though many a team would have some work to do trying to convince anyone they're listening to fans.

The link tried to make the argument he was at least as good as some who did get contracts. He's not.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I agree....but there are a lot of mediocre QB's without the baggage he brought unto himself....

That's the part where I say he has moved on to his next career. It's one thing if you're trying to audition for play by play or color man. At least you're head is still in the game. It's quite another if you're thinking community activist is what you really wanna be doing.

The writer is trying to make social commentary that he's been black listed unfairly and arguing his play hasn't been that bad compared to some others. That's why I'm trying to frame my argument within context of what Colin is actually doing; if you're mediocre and your head is in it, that's one thing. If you're mediocre and you'd really rather be somewhere else, that's another.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
That's the part where I say he has moved on to his next career. It's one thing if you're trying to audition for play by play or color man. At least you're head is still in the game. It's quite another if you're thinking community activist is what you really wanna be doing.

The writer is trying to make social commentary that he's been black listed unfairly and arguing his play hasn't been that bad compared to some others. That's why I'm trying to frame my argument within context of what Colin is actually doing; if you're mediocre and your head is in it, that's one thing. If you're mediocre and you'd really rather be somewhere else, that's another.

What network is going to hire him? He's lucky of he can be a beer vendor at a stadium......

Hank

my war
So, he was kneeling and trying to make a statement.. So what! Teams have no problem signing abusers and criminals. With decent receivers, he really isn't that bad of a qb. Not many great qbs out there on the market to begin with... A team would be silly to pass him up over something so petty.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
So, he was kneeling and trying to make a statement.. So what! Teams have no problem signing abusers and criminals. With decent receivers, he really isn't that bad of a qb. Not many great qbs out there on the market to begin with... A team would be silly to pass him up over something so petty.

1. He's not that good
2. It's not that petty to the front office guys. You know the ones who write checks......

Hank

my war
1. He's not that good

3 out of 6 years he had had decent numbers. You need receivers that are able to perform. With decent players surrounding him, he is a decent qb. Like I said, not much out there to choose from. And there's worse and in the league than him. Hell, he had a higher qb rating than Cam Newton last year... Are you going to tell me Cam is not a good QB?