Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Kaepernick Being Frozen Out?

  1. #1
    I Need a Life b23hqb's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Posts
    10,174

    Kaepernick Being Frozen Out?

    I say, who cares if he is being frozen out, blackballed, whatever. He made his own bed, so now he has to sleep in whatever position he ends up in.

    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...cid=spartandhp

    The NFL is a business - a big business - and the owners and GM's have the absolute right to listen to their wallets and the fans that stuff the cash in them.
    “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” - President James A. Garfield

  2. #2
    They're monopolies. That's not business. That's monopoly.

    As far as Colin goes, no one wants him because he's not a good qb and he's moving on to his next career. Not exactly the combination one would want.

    Even in a monopoly.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

  3. #3
    Bird Dog Bird Dog's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    4,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    They're monopolies. That's not business. That's monopoly.

    As far as Colin goes, no one wants him because he's not a good qb and he's moving on to his next career. Not exactly the combination one would want.

    Even in a monopoly.
    Even a monopoly is a business.....and you are not forced to watch or buy tickets, unlike the electric companies.
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....


    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    Even a monopoly is a business.....and you are not forced to watch or buy tickets, unlike the electric companies.
    Point being when you have a gummint protected monopoly, you're trading something for that including perhaps a little more political sensibility and accountability than you may otherwise be obligated to. I certainly wasn't looking at this from the customers view point.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

  5. #5
    Bird Dog Bird Dog's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    4,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Point being when you have a gummint protected monopoly, you're trading something for that including perhaps a little more political sensibility and accountability than you may otherwise be obligated to. I certainly wasn't looking at this from the customers view point.
    What does that have to do with ####head being blackballed?
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....


    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    What does that have to do with ####head being blackballed?
    You said big business, I pointed out that they're monopolies. There is a difference, and that in either case no one wants him because a, he's not very good anymore and b, he's moved on to being interested in his next career.

    I should ask you what does being a big business have to do it seeings how that seemed to be your explanation, but I didn't have any trouble getting your point even though many a team would have some work to do trying to convince anyone they're listening to fans.

    The link tried to make the argument he was at least as good as some who did get contracts. He's not.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

  7. #7
    Bird Dog Bird Dog's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    4,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post

    The link tried to make the argument he was at least as good as some who did get contracts. He's not.
    I agree....but there are a lot of mediocre QB's without the baggage he brought unto himself....
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....


    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    I agree....but there are a lot of mediocre QB's without the baggage he brought unto himself....
    That's the part where I say he has moved on to his next career. It's one thing if you're trying to audition for play by play or color man. At least you're head is still in the game. It's quite another if you're thinking community activist is what you really wanna be doing.

    The writer is trying to make social commentary that he's been black listed unfairly and arguing his play hasn't been that bad compared to some others. That's why I'm trying to frame my argument within context of what Colin is actually doing; if you're mediocre and your head is in it, that's one thing. If you're mediocre and you'd really rather be somewhere else, that's another.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

  9. #9
    Bird Dog Bird Dog's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    4,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    That's the part where I say he has moved on to his next career. It's one thing if you're trying to audition for play by play or color man. At least you're head is still in the game. It's quite another if you're thinking community activist is what you really wanna be doing.

    The writer is trying to make social commentary that he's been black listed unfairly and arguing his play hasn't been that bad compared to some others. That's why I'm trying to frame my argument within context of what Colin is actually doing; if you're mediocre and your head is in it, that's one thing. If you're mediocre and you'd really rather be somewhere else, that's another.
    What network is going to hire him? He's lucky of he can be a beer vendor at a stadium......
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....


    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    What network is going to hire him? He's lucky of he can be a beer vendor at a stadium......
    Again, the guy wants proof, I offer he's not interested in football any more.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Members who have read this thread: 49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |