Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened to applebees?

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Ruby's has at least one thing going for it - for ME.
    I met my wife there.
    The other is that I have small kids still, and they will eat their food. Sadly the same thing means, we don't go to Thai or Indian or even Japanese places with the whole family, because I can't afford to bring the kids to eat at a place where they'll barely touch their food. Ruby's often puts out coupons that make an occasional trip the equivalent of a fast food trip.

THAT - plus it's rare to me that a local place *REALLY* beats out a franchise in quality. Too many places in this area overcharge for lousy service and mediocre food.

There is that. I only had one kid and took her to all sorts of restaurants so she knew how to act. Funny, she works at one for them now!

That being said, I think a big turn off for Ruby Tuesday's was when she was three and said she had a tummy ache. Daddy was carrying her and she proceeded to barf all over the foyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by 3CATSAILOR View Post
    I went to Applebees for dinner tonight. I was hoping it might be better. But, the last 3 times I have gone the service was slow. I am not sure what is going on. The time before last my brother and I had to wait over two hours for our meal. They said their computers were down at the time. I am not sure what that has to do with the food being ordered. They could have done it the old fashion way like Linda's Cafe does, write it down and the cook reads it. I guess everything these days is blamed on the computer.

I know the general public is addicted to their cell phones which is a form of a computer. But, now if the computer is down, you can't eat either! (lol)!
    you sat and waited more than 2 hours to eat at an Applebee's? That's unacceptable I don't care if they're using an abacus to run their business. I would have been gone after 40 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    I haven't set foot in Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday in years. Both = crap. I tend to stick to the local places, rather than crappy chains.
    'Local' sadly enough just means 'staight off the Sysco truck'.

Which Applebee's are you talking about? Prince Frederick location?

The Applebee's in PF is just ok for a chain restaurant, but the Ruby Tues has nasty food and the place smells.
    Last edited by calvcopf; 03-20-2017 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    I haven't set foot in Applebee's or Ruby Tuesday in years. Both = crap. I tend to stick to the local places, rather than crappy chains.
    Chains have a place, they should be consistent. SHOULD.

I don't know what "local" places you are going to, but most are worse than the chains.
    The chain locations are subject to two inspections, the county and the corporate, they typically cleaner - at least the kitchen.
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

I just had the Hibachi Steak and Shrimp from Golden Chicken (PF) and it was awesome! The place isn't much to look at but my lunch was delicious!

It's Applebee's...
    Listen to me now, and believe me later: it doesn't matter how much you pump up those muscles, as long as you reach the full pumptential.

It's not 'roids but thanks for noticing...

Quote Originally Posted by warneckutz View Post
    It's Applebee's...
    Do they have boiled chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by DoWhat View Post
    Do they have boiled chicken?
    That would probably come out spoiled and funky too... the place sucks.
    Listen to me now, and believe me later: it doesn't matter how much you pump up those muscles, as long as you reach the full pumptential.

It's not 'roids but thanks for noticing...

Quote Originally Posted by 3CATSAILOR View Post
    I went to Applebees for dinner tonight. I was hoping it might be better. But, the last 3 times I have gone the service was slow. I am not sure what is going on. The time before last my brother and I had to wait over two hours for our meal. They said their computers were down at the time. I am not sure what that has to do with the food being ordered. They could have done it the old fashion way like Linda's Cafe does, write it down and the cook reads it. I guess everything these days is blamed on the computer.

I know the general public is addicted to their cell phones which is a form of a computer. But, now if the computer is down, you can't eat either! (lol)!
    Would have never waited to hours.

Members who have read this thread: 140