Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Dem's are struggling...

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    The GOP still does not have the "power" needed - not even close. Until there is a 60-seat GOP Senate (or, the 17th amendment is repealed), they will not have the power they need to do what they were sent to do.

And people wonder why nothing ever changes.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

You mean, when I said, "Trump didn't either" I meant "Trump had the right platform"? I don't read me that way. .
    I said party. Which makes sense because you referenced party.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post

And people wonder why nothing ever changes.
    So, tell me how to make it happen with under 60 people. You said they've had the power, tell me how to make it happen.
    It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
    Jiddu Krisnamurti

I said party. Which makes sense because you referenced party.
    I said Trump, and Democrat Party.

The Democrats won +6 House seats, and +2 Senate seats, even though the GOP had (what today is considered) an overwhelming majority of popular vote (55 to 44) for those seats. We don't hear a lot about that, though.

The GOP has a better platform, overall. Trump did not.
    Jiddu Krisnamurti

So, tell me how to make it happen with under 60 people. You said they've had the power, tell me how to make it happen.
    No. You're a lot smarter than that. You're simply making excuses for the party of excuses. As to why, that's for you to bear.

One need merely look at what they're 'trying' to repeal, the ACA, and see how it was passed and there's the simple blue print to end it. It's called 'will'.

The simple fact of the matter is that the GOP has not had the will and that is because major GOP constituents LOVE the ACA and do not want it gone.

And people like you make it all possible with the endless excuse making.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Blog Entries
    Larry's right. The Republicans are DISMAL! at getting their message out and hammering it home. They suck at marketing and promotion; they always have. They are so terrified that the lefty press is going to eviscerate them that they are paralyzed, and clearly too obtuse to understand that the lefty press is going to eviscerate them no matter what they do.

They are "trying" to repeal Obamacare instead of just repealing the damn thing. They are "trying" to do all these things and put their agenda items in place.

There is no try; do or do not.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

I used to think they just sucked at it. It think it is simply a matter of practical politics. They know they can get elected, since 2010, by promising to repeal something, the ACA, that drove right wingers to something they hardly ever do; active public protest.
    Since then, they've ridden it to the House in '10, (not enough powah!) and state Houses in '12 (not enough powah!) and then the Senate in '14 )not enough powah!) and now the WH (Still not enough powah!) all the while having a favorable court; "Not enough powah!"

So, it doesn't appear to be message. I think it's as simple as being able to use voters and also protect the real power behind them; the medical/industrial complex. It LOVES the ACA.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    They are so terrified that the lefty press is going to eviscerate them that they are paralyzed, and clearly too obtuse to understand that the lefty press is going to eviscerate them no matter what they do.
    So how do you WIN something, when the press will constantly re-frame the issue so that the public is against it?
    How many people still think the travel EO is a permanent Muslim ban - even smart people who should KNOW it isn't?
    How many protesters have you seen conflating "immigrant" with "illegal immigrant" - as if there's zero distinction?

Most of my marginally politically savvy friends and relatives are completely aboard all sorts of ideas about Trump - some of them easily dis-proven - because of the way news is out there.
    There are millions of stupid voters who still think Palin said she could see Russia from her house.
    And some of these people in Congress keep their jobs by a very thin margin.

In a normal world, you couldn't lose an election because the press painted pictures that don't resemble reality, but perception is reality in politics.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    So how do you WIN something, when the press will constantly re-frame the issue so that the public is against it?
    You get out there and push your agenda. You hammer home your talking points. You take it directly to the People, and there are a number of ways do do just that and bypass the press. Just ask President Trump.

How many people still think the travel EO is a permanent Muslim ban - even smart people who should KNOW it isn't?
    How many protesters have you seen conflating "immigrant" with "illegal immigrant" - as if there's zero distinction?
    It makes me wild to listen to Tucker or whoever, and their guest rattles off these talking points...while the supposedly conservative host just sits there with his thumb up his ass and doesn't correct it. Occasionally they remember to interject and call bull#### on the claim, but they should do it EVERY SINGLE TIME. They allow the left to create the narrative, when what they need to do is push their own agenda and call bull#### every single time some lefty tries to reframe it.

perception is reality in politics
    Perception is reality in everything. That's the first rule of marketing. It's just that the Dems are masters of marketing, and the Republicans suck at it. At some point in history, the Left took over from the Right. That means there's no reason why the Right can't take it back. They just have to want to, and it's obvious to me that they don't.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

No. You're a lot smarter than that. You're simply making excuses for the party of excuses. As to why, that's for you to bear.

One need merely look at what they're 'trying' to repeal, the ACA, and see how it was passed and there's the simple blue print to end it. It's called 'will'.

The simple fact of the matter is that the GOP has not had the will and that is because major GOP constituents LOVE the ACA and do not want it gone.

And people like you make it all possible with the endless excuse making.
    So, they've never passed a bill repealing the ACA?
    Jiddu Krisnamurti

Members who have read this thread: 45