Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Why Dem's are struggling...

  1. #1

    Why Dem's are struggling...

    ...this is about D voters lost to Trump.

    https://www.nationaljournal.com/s/64...ZICLLE1MJSYLP3
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

  2. #2
    The article does a rather nice job of calling out the ignorance of those who voted for Trump...it a nutshell it calls them loyal but stupid...which seems to fit.

    The question the author didn't ask these people is the question that would have kept Trump the buffoon at home..."if someone other than Hillary Clinton had been the D nominee would you have voted for Trump?"

    But the real kicker was the tagline under the article title:
    A cultural disconnect with the Democratic Party helped create a bond with him, and they trust him to protect their economic interests.
    Trusting Trump to protect the economic interests of anyone except his own...much less the prospect for the poor or middle class people is laughable. In his entire life, Trump has done nothing but piss on regular folk. But none of these people have read the healthcare proposal or his budget....they just believe whatever Breitbart or Fox tells them to believe.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyjo View Post
    The article does a rather nice job of calling out the ignorance of those who voted for Trump...it a nutshell it calls them loyal but stupid...which seems to fit.

    The question the author didn't ask these people is the question that would have kept Trump the buffoon at home..."if someone other than Hillary Clinton had been the D nominee would you have voted for Trump?"

    But the real kicker was the tagline under the article title:

    Trusting Trump to protect the economic interests of anyone except his own...much less the prospect for the poor or middle class people is laughable. In his entire life, Trump has done nothing but piss on regular folk. But none of these people have read the healthcare proposal or his budget....they just believe whatever Breitbart or Fox tells them to believe.
    All good points and all totally missing the primary point; why D's lost them and is struggling to appeal to them.

    You could say, readily, the same things about D voters who supported Hillary. We knew at the time the DNC stole the Iowa caucus from Sanders and we knew, for sure, she was protected and promoted as the chosen one in defiance of any concept of basic democratic principles.

    Do you really want to compare her pissing on and having disdain for the little people? What's that get us, a tie? How many D voters are lemmings to their favored press?

    At best you can show how we, people in general, behave. Our bias', our emotional thought process's. And don't forget, you're noting the ignorance of people who WERE D voters.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyjo View Post
    The question the author didn't ask these people is the question that would have kept Trump the buffoon at home..."if someone other than Hillary Clinton had been the D nominee would you have voted for Trump?"
    It's good to see you admit that the problem with the Democrat Party is....the Democrat Party.
    It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
    Jiddu Krisnamurti

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyjo View Post
    The article does a rather nice job of calling out the ignorance of those who voted for Trump...it a nutshell it calls them loyal but stupid...which seems to fit.
    For someone who thinks he is so really smart, you continually fail to understand the point behind Trump. Trump's win was less about him and more about voters looking for an outsider; fed up with dealing with our corrupt establishment. It could have been just about anyone, and I believe they would have won.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    ... the primary point; why D's lost them and is struggling to appeal to them.
    You could almost say the problem with the Democrat Party is - they have the wrong platform. They aren't trying to offer things the American People seem to want, in ways We want it.

    Trump didn't either, but he was closer, and is NOT establishment* (note, comment only good during the campaign, not before or since).
    It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
    Jiddu Krisnamurti

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    You could almost say the problem with the Democrat Party is - they have the wrong platform. They aren't trying to offer things the American People seem to want, in ways We want it.

    Trump didn't either, but he was closer, and is NOT establishment* (note, comment only good during the campaign, not before or since).
    No. That would be to imply the party that barely won and did so in direct, open opposition to it's own candidate, has the 'right' platform. The GOP has had one job since 2010 and has been given all the power needed, and then some, and still will NOT do what they were sent to do.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    No. That would be to imply the party that barely won and did so in direct, open opposition to it's own candidate, has the 'right' platform. The GOP has had one job since 2010 and has been given all the power needed, and then some, and still will NOT do what they were sent to do.
    You mean, when I said, "Trump didn't either" I meant "Trump had the right platform"? I don't read me that way.

    The GOP still does not have the "power" needed - not even close. Until there is a 60-seat GOP Senate (or, the 17th amendment is repealed), they will not have the power they need to do what they were sent to do.
    It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
    Jiddu Krisnamurti

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    The GOP still does not have the "power" needed - not even close. Until there is a 60-seat GOP Senate (or, the 17th amendment is repealed), they will not have the power they need to do what they were sent to do.
    Exactly. You can bet while in the next couple weeks, not one Dem will cross the aisle - there's a good chance a few Republicans *will*. A two man majority is never a guarantee of anything.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    A two man majority is never a guarantee of anything.
    Right - especially when you need a minimum of a 10 person majority to get the super-majority needed for any legislation to go through.
    It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
    Jiddu Krisnamurti

Members who have read this thread: 45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |