Maryland county’s count suggests noncitizens voting across U.S.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Maryland county’s count suggests noncitizens voting across U.S.
Lawsuit on behalf of Marylanders compared jury pools

Conservative activists went to court to show that noncitizens were registering fraudulently to vote. A court employee met their request by turning over pages of residents’ names disqualified from jury duty because of alien status.

When those lists were compared with voting records for just three years — 2007, 2008 and 2011 — nearly 180 noncitizens were found to have registered to vote. Of those, 63 had voted, some in multiple elections. The 180 registered votes came from 1,400 disqualified noncitizens in those three years, a rate of 12.8 percent.

The issue of noncitizen voters has taken on national importance. President Trump, who said 3 million or so voted illegally in November, plans to name a federal task force to investigate.

Frederick County’s numbers offer a limited snapshot from a handful of jury pools, but they indicate that noncitizens are registered to vote and are casting ballots in states, which administer federal, state and local elections.

“Obviously, there are people on the voting rolls who have no business being on the voter rolls,” said conservative activist Daniel M. Gray, a lawyer who filed the lawsuit. “What needs to be determined is how extensive is this. How many noncitizens weren’t summoned for jury duty and went ahead and voted?”

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What do we do about it? How could I prove I am a citizen? Carry my passport with my everywhere?

I think there is ZERO doubt people who are not US citizens do vote and I think there is Zero doubt that there is fraud with citizens voting multiple times. We KNOW the 1960 presidential election was won in Chicago, never to be investigated.

But, if the right opposes some sort of national ID, what do we do about it?

black dog

Free America
Part of the problem stems with States like Maryland that you don't have to show certified ID to register to vote nor do you have to show certified ID to vote.
Many States now have two different State issued ID's and Drivers License's.
One is certified that you actually are a American Citizen and the other does not.
One allows you to drive and a few privileges and the other is for voting and it proves you actually are a citizen here along with full benefits that you get with being a citizen.
In other to vote you should have a certified State Issued ID / Drivers License or a US Passport. I don't believe it's that hard to fix, but it's painfully obvious that the Legislative Branch of our Government just doesn't want to fix it.

This_person

What do we do about it? How could I prove I am a citizen? Carry my passport with my everywhere?

I think there is ZERO doubt people who are not US citizens do vote and I think there is Zero doubt that there is fraud with citizens voting multiple times. We KNOW the 1960 presidential election was won in Chicago, never to be investigated.

Well, we could require two or three forms of ID prior to REGISTERING to vote (not to walk around with all the time), including maybe birth certificate, passport, CAC, etc. (yes, I know not everyone has each of these, but virtually everyone can come up with two or three forms off of a list of maybe 7-10 acceptable). Now we know the people registered are citizens. Then, we have some form of government-issued ID (like to get into the Capital building, or on a plane, or other places that require ID) to be allowed to vote, while eliminating absentee voting. After all, voting stations are open for extended periods of days prior to an election - the percentage of people who would be unable to vote would be negligible, and likely far smaller than the percentage of people who vote illegally now. Add to this volunteers going to shut-ins at nursing homes and/or hospitals to get those who have a medical need to vote absentee, and we're taking the number of people who could not vote in their local area to an infinitesimal small percentage.

No need for commercials saying, "papahz, pleez" or anything like that. Just common-sense solutions :buddies:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
It is my impression that the right opposes a national ID system on states rights grounds. Not so?

Maybe you could provide a link or reference that supports that? Just a thought since it is so frequently requested when something as obviously questionable is stated on the forums.

This_person

Well, we could require two or three forms of ID prior to REGISTERING to vote (not to walk around with all the time), including maybe birth certificate, passport, CAC, etc. (yes, I know not everyone has each of these, but virtually everyone can come up with two or three forms off of a list of maybe 7-10 acceptable). Now we know the people registered are citizens. Then, we have some form of government-issued ID (like to get into the Capital building, or on a plane, or other places that require ID) to be allowed to vote, while eliminating absentee voting. After all, voting stations are open for extended periods of days prior to an election - the percentage of people who would be unable to vote would be negligible, and likely far smaller than the percentage of people who vote illegally now. Add to this volunteers going to shut-ins at nursing homes and/or hospitals to get those who have a medical need to vote absentee, and we're taking the number of people who could not vote in their local area to an infinitesimal small percentage.

No need for commercials saying, "papahz, pleez" or anything like that. Just common-sense solutions :buddies:

What do you think, Larry?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Maybe you could provide a link or reference that supports that? Just a thought since it is so frequently requested when something as obviously questionable is stated on the forums.

I'd be happy to know they've changed there view. Not arguing for or against. It was simply my understanding, back when I was on the right, that a national ID was a violation of state sovereignty.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm for a national ID.

I thought Congress already passed a 'National ID' act

putting all sorts of ID requirements on states ...... which is now why some states have 2 IDs - One for Citizenz on for Illegals to drive with

This_person

I'm for a national ID.

In terms of my opinion of a national ID card, it seems far too easy to be corrupted/counterfeit-made than requiring multiple forms of ID (that would require multiple forms of corruption and counterfeiting). I've heard the Big Brother argument about a federal ID, but we already have and mis-use the Social Security system, so I'm not really sure what a big deal that would be.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok, but what do you think of my solution?

Sounds like a way to create more jobs than necessary. I'm for it! :lol:

A passport style ID card requires information about your parents, where you are from. That establishes me as having been born in the US and that my folks were but it doesn't establish that they, or I, got here legally.

It seems to me our most basic principle, representation, representative gummint, would mean if you live here, if you're paying taxes, then that's the entire point of the vote.

This_person

Sounds like a way to create more jobs than necessary. I'm for it! :lol:

A passport style ID card requires information about your parents, where you are from. That establishes me as having been born in the US and that my folks were but it doesn't establish that they, or I, got here legally.

It seems to me our most basic principle, representation, representative gummint, would mean if you live here, if you're paying taxes, then that's the entire point of the vote.

Here legally, or just here?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Me too. I was under the impression that most conservatives were also.

In fact - since a passport works very well as a national ID and most people don't have one, I'd assume that the left was against it.

When I was a right winger, I knew that the conservative argument against a national ID was a states rights issue. As I say, if they've changed, good on 'em. Makes the most sense to me.

officeguy

Did someone take into account that some people might lie on a jury summons and claim to be a non-citizen when they in fact are US citizens ?

3CATSAILOR

Actually, I think the Left opposes it.