Interview Was Far More Nuanced Than Reported

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Devin Nunes' "Fox News Sunday" Interview Was Far More Nuanced Than Reported

Upon further questioning, making the distinction that this was after the Committee received information from the FBI, NSA and CIA on Friday:

“There was no FISA warrant that I’m aware of to tap Trump tower. That’s correct.”

“We have a lot of surveillance activities in this country, and I think the concern that the Trump Administration has is, were they actually using surveillance activities to know what they were up to? Because we know that that happened with Gen. Flynn.”

Part of the issue here is that Trump seems to use the term “wiretap” in a generic sense when referring to any type of surveillance, while the Committee, the DOJ, and members of the intelligence community use a much more exact definition. It’s also interesting to note that Nunes adds the caveat “that I’m aware of” to his FISA warrant answer.

[clip]

4. There is no evidence currently of any collusion between Team Trump and Russia with the intent of influencing the outcome of the election.

When Wallace point-blank asked about that issue, Nunes replied:

“I’ll give you a very simple answer. No. …Up to speed on everything that I have up through this morning. There is no evidence of collusion.”

But, Nunes said, the Committee will investigate “whether or not they [Russians] did try to help Trump and if any Trump associates were involved.”