Able-Bodied Senior , Watches TV All Day, Receives Free Government Meals

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" WASHINGTON An able-bodied senior citizen who refuses to do anything but watch television receives three free government meals every day, according to reports.

The senior, who has three piping-hot meals wheeled up to him each day, reportedly has no intention of working and prefers to fill his hours watching cable news.

Even more outrageous, the recipient of the meals spends most weekends in Florida, where the flow of free government food continues without interruption.

Harland Dorrinson, the executive director of the Center for Benefit Reduction, a think tank that focuses on reducing federal benefits, called the individual’s consumption of free government meals “the worst abuse of the system I’ve ever seen.”

“I might be accused of being heartless for saying this, but this person should be thrown out on the street,” he said.

But, according to a source familiar with the senior, those calling for him to work for his meals are, at best, ill-informed. “You can’t expect someone to do a job when he’s completely unqualified,” the source said. "

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/able-bodied-senior-who-watches-tv-all-day-receives-free-government-meals

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I think it was just really a crappy and unimaginative attempt at satire...that failed.

But consider the source, so...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think it was the boy's attempt at humor.....

Except for the part where NHB did not write that piece.

Why do you people persist in attacking the messenger?

You do understand that, right? That NHB did not write that story; that it came from Andy Borowitz at New Yorker?

This_person

You do understand that, right? That NHB did not write that story; that it came from Andy Borowitz at New Yorker?

I do think him posting it here was an attempt at humor - amusing himself at the expense of those who would be upset by this and post so.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

Because the bot cuts and pastes it's stupid $####......I think this one was because the bot handler might of thought it was funny..."fail"
The others to be provacative..."fail"
He is not a messenger, just a medium for the bot handlers to post crap on your Forum for fun and profit....

No human could be that possessed.....without needing therapy...

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Because the bot cuts and pastes it's stupid $####......I think this one was because the bot handler might of thought it was funny..."fail"
The others to be provacative..."fail"
He is not a messenger, just a medium for the bot handlers to post crap on your Forum for fun and profit....

No human could be that possessed.....without needing therapy...

Except for the part where that piece is from New Yorker. They do not pay people to repost their articles - if you want to use their content, you must pay them. I have told you this repeatedly and still you persist in your delusion. You don't even have to believe me - you can look on their website for yourself and find their reprint permission guidelines.

See your sig line.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Except for the part where that piece is from New Yorker. They do not pay people to repost their articles - if you want to use their content, you must pay them. I have told you this repeatedly and still you persist in your delusion. You don't even have to believe me - you can look on their website for yourself and find their reprint permission guidelines.

See your sig line.

So you're saying the boy paid the New Yorker for the right to repost that....?

This_person

" WASHINGTON An able-bodied senior citizen who refuses to do anything but watch television receives three free government meals every day, according to reports.

The senior, who has three piping-hot meals wheeled up to him each day, reportedly has no intention of working and prefers to fill his hours watching cable news.

Even more outrageous, the recipient of the meals spends most weekends in Florida, where the flow of free government food continues without interruption.

Harland Dorrinson, the executive director of the Center for Benefit Reduction, a think tank that focuses on reducing federal benefits, called the individual’s consumption of free government meals “the worst abuse of the system I’ve ever seen.”

“I might be accused of being heartless for saying this, but this person should be thrown out on the street,” he said.

But, according to a source familiar with the senior, those calling for him to work for his meals are, at best, ill-informed. “You can’t expect someone to do a job when he’s completely unqualified,” the source said. "

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/able-bodied-senior-who-watches-tv-all-day-receives-free-government-meals

I'm sure TJ will be around shortly to tell you what a moron your piece is, regardless of how satirical it is. After all, the president pays for his own meals, so the very first sentence would be inaccurate. Personally, I get that it is a satire piece, but TJ likes things to be accurate, so she'll let you know how stupid it is right off.

Hijinx

I'm sure TJ will be around shortly to tell you what a moron your piece is, regardless of how satirical it is. After all, the president pays for his own meals, so the very first sentence would be inaccurate. Personally, I get that it is a satire piece, but TJ likes things to be accurate, so she'll let you know how stupid it is right off.

You know I missed the satire thing, but you have to admit I got it right. The guy is a Republican or Boy blunder wouldn't have posted it.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Titled at the top of the web page, "Satire from the Borowitz Report - Able-Bodied Senior Who Watches TV All Day Receives Free Government Meals".

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Think of it as a metaphysical slap in the back of the head whenever he says something stupid. This way no one chances a hand injury.