11 Times The Anti-Bible Democrats Cited The Bible To Defend Their Big Government Programs

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
11 Times The Anti-Bible Democrats Cited The Bible To Defend Their Big Government Programs

The Democrats, as they are wont to do, have put themselves into a logical inconsistency:

Matt Walsh

Liberals on entitlements: "The Bible says give to the poor!"

Liberals on gay marriage: "This isn't a theocracy! Keep religion at church!"

8:06 AM - 17 Mar 2017

Indeed, the Democrat Party likes to invoke the Bible only when it comes to imposing their agenda onto the populace; otherwise they sneer at conservatives as bitter clingers.

Here are 11 times Democrats have cited the Bible to defend their big government programs.

1. The Democrats are perpetuating the fake news that President Donald Trump's budget abolishes the Meals On Wheels program and are citing the Bible to support their program. For instance:

Kirsten Powers

You don't have to be a Christian or believe in Jesus to know that Christians are called to feed the hungry.
See Mt 25:35 https://twitter.com/ewerickson/status/842496705274765313

The problem is that Powers isn't even using that Bible citation in the correct context:

Erick Erickson

In Matt 25, when Jesus talks about caring for “the least of these,” he isn’t talking about the poor in general, but fellow Christians.
4:32 PM - 17 Mar 2017

SamSpade

My reaction is different - while Jesus came to seek and save the lost - and if you examine the stories, you can easily see without going too deep into theology that his GREATER concern was that they have faith in him and leave their lives of sin -

Is that Jesus did not preach that governments need to feed the hungry or clothe the naked. He was talking to *people*.
YOU need to visit those in prison - not pay taxes for paid "volunteers" to do it for you.
YOU need to care for the sick, befriend the friendless. It's YOUR job.

In fact - IF you leave it up to the religious groups whom you support to do it for you - you are completely shirking your own responsibility.
Jesus will look at you and say "I have no idea who you are - I never knew you". Because *YOU* never did it.

THAT's what I dislike about the bible quoting.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Is that Jesus did not preach that governments need to feed the hungry or clothe the naked. He was talking to *people*.

which is the problem with Progressives .... the Gov has replaced the Church as the source of assistance
Robbing Citizens at gun point to support people who are too lazy