we’re not gonna raise the debt ceiling, until you pass immigration reform

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“You know,” he said on ABC’s “This Week,” “we could do the same thing on immigration reform. We believe strongly in immigration reform. We could say, ‘We’re shutting down the government, we’re not gonna raise the debt ceiling, until you pass immigration reform.’ ”

[clip]

Back then, Democrats called it “hostage-taking.” Now they’re blaming Republicans for leaving Democrats no option but to take hostages themselves. Or, as Schumer put it: “They will be shutting down the government and delivering a severe blow to our economy.” Meaning: When they do it, it’s reckless; when we do it, it’s principle.

Schumer was right the first time. So was Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.), who said, “Hostage-taking is not governing.” Time for Schumer & Co. to go to the videotape.

http://nypost.com/2017/03/19/chuck-schumer-calls-for-chaos/

tommyjo

blah...blah...blah...

pay attention...how many times does this have to me told to you all before you will grasp the concept???

the debt ceiling is always hated by the party out of the White House and defended by the party in the White House. It is a freaking game...designed to score points with an uninformed and ADD infected electorate of both parties.

This_person

blah...blah...blah...

pay attention...how many times does this have to me told to you all before you will grasp the concept???

the debt ceiling is always hated by the party out of the White House and defended by the party in the White House. It is a freaking game...designed to score points with an uninformed and ADD infected electorate of both parties.

The Dems don't have a problem with the debt ceiling. Read what it says. They are using the debt ceiling as a tool to hold out for the reforms they want on an entirely different topic. They referred to this as hostage-taking in the past, but now they understand it is a viable tool. As a tool yourself, I believe you thought it was hostage taking, and inept leadership by the GOP in the past, and now you're excusing it in the present. That makes you as big a hypocrite as the Democrats today.