ISO Information Neil Armstrong

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Son is doing a report on Neil Armstrong and in his Bio it mentions him living in Lexington Park MD.. We believe it was to attend the TPS, but we don't know WHEN he was here, or why.

We assume for TPS, but we also believe he was a civilian at the time.

For some reason My Google Pro Certification is letting me down.

Grumpy

Son is doing a report on Neil Armstrong and in his Bio it mentions him living in Lexington Park MD.. We believe it was to attend the TPS, but we don't know WHEN he was here, or why.

Wikipedia has good info, if I remember correctly; read up on him about a month ago and I think Wiki had more info than other sites. He got some kind of scholarship that gave him flight training and then obligated him to 1 year service in Navy..or something like that.

Miker/t

I found this on the Golden Eagles website (www.epnaao.com)

Says he was at PAX in 1954 as an Aeronautical Engineer, Carrier Suit Branch.

Attachments

• Armstrong- Neil A-1.pdf
    333.3 KB · Views: 144

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Wikipedia has good info, if I remember correctly; read up on him about a month ago and I think Wiki had more info than other sites. He got some kind of scholarship that gave him flight training and then obligated him to 1 year service in Navy..or something like that.

He attended Purdue University, earning his Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering in 1955. During the Korean War, which interrupted his engineering studies, he flew 78 combat missions in F9F-2 jet fighters. He was awarded the Air Medal and two Gold Stars. He later earned a Master of Science degree in aerospace engineering from the University of Southern California.

I'm assuming on an ROTC scholarship as the gov't paid for his college and he owed 3 years of service after. He left the military after his requisite service went back to school then went to NACA as an Aeronautical Engineer, then later as a pilot/ Astronaut.

ski357

I think he actually lived in Town Creek-believe I know the guy who currently owns the house. Will have to ask him, next time I see him.