Gorsuch Hearings

SamSpade

Has anyone watched any of it? I've watched a little - and he is impressive. I honestly don't know what people are going to object to, over him.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The D's have to put on a show because of Garland. They also are doing campaign ads for '18. So, they also need to not put on too much of a show because Trump isn't a Republican they can just lean left and run against. By summer of '17, it would seem Trump is going to have as many fights under his belt with the R's as they could and, presuming infrastructure spending, the economy starting to move, some sense of accomplishment, things starting to make sense and look better, they're not gonna want a scotus nominee fight hanging around their necks if they have plausible challengers waiting to run against them. I mean, look at today. Trump is putting freaking GOP'ers on notice for '18; get on board or get left behind. THAT is the earth shifting under traditional politics or, more accurately, continuing to move.

The left has a YUGE problem with this. They are NOT going to be able to run against Trump the right wing nut.

tommyjo

Has anyone watched any of it? I've watched a little - and he is impressive. I honestly don't know what people are going to object to, over him.

Saw some earlier today...he was pretty impressive. Obviously qualified for the job.

Dem's are in a box...Repubs actions were reprehensible...but if Dems want to do something to actually move America forward they have to confirm him. Of course, they could easily choose the political route and vote against him. That is the right thing to do politically and the wrong thing to do for the country. Republicans win this in a completely sh!tty manner. Too bad the Rs didn't have a little more character...maybe the country would be in a little better place today.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Listen to Franken try and sound official is like hearing the old fingernails on the blackboard torture.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Saw some earlier today...he was pretty impressive. Obviously qualified for the job.

Dem's are in a box...Repubs actions were reprehensible...but if Dems want to do something to actually move America forward they have to confirm him. Of course, they could easily choose the political route and vote against him. That is the right thing to do politically and the wrong thing to do for the country. Republicans win this in a completely sh!tty manner. Too bad the Rs didn't have a little more character...maybe the country would be in a little better place today.

Bravo that you were able to reply intelligently and didn't insult anyone.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

They're not. They will vote to confirm him and their hearing grandstanding is a colossal waste of time and money.

How some of the Senators are choosing to use their time is just mindboggling. Do they not realize how freaking stupid they sound? What's with MN, that BOTH of their Senators are complete dumbasses???

Grumpy

The D's have to put on a show because of Garland. They also are doing campaign ads for '18. So, they also need to not put on too much of a show because Trump isn't a Republican they can just lean left and run against. By summer of '17, it would seem Trump is going to have as many fights under his belt with the R's as they could and, presuming infrastructure spending, the economy starting to move, some sense of accomplishment, things starting to make sense and look better, they're not gonna want a scotus nominee fight hanging around their necks if they have plausible challengers waiting to run against them. I mean, look at today. Trump is putting freaking GOP'ers on notice for '18; get on board or get left behind. THAT is the earth shifting under traditional politics or, more accurately, continuing to move.

The left has a YUGE problem with this. They are NOT going to be able to run against Trump the right wing nut.

Scary cuz I agree with this. The swollen middle 80% of this country, regardless of party affiliation, is gonna realize that Trump is neither Rep or Dem and frankly, they will love it...bigly.. The extremists on both sides of the aisle, along with the media, are gonna be tuned out...IMO

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Scary cuz I agree with this. The swollen middle 80% of this country, regardless of party affiliation, is gonna realize that Trump is neither Rep or Dem and frankly, they will love it...bigly.. The extremists on both sides of the aisle, along with the media, are gonna be tuned out...IMO

I hope you are right.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They are Speaking to the progressives on both coasts .....

That's not a smart path to go down. Even if progressives don't have many states in between, if they're at 35-45%, that is a LOT of people. If nothing else, didn't Trump teach us to not rely on broad, long standing assumptions?

These people have constituents.

Hijinx

The more the Dems screw around with Gorsuch the more stupid they look.
For their own good they should stop the BS and vote.