Ribs

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you were fairly hungry, could you eat a whole rack of ribs? Or more? No sides, just the meat. Either baby backs or spares, your choice.

When I was younger I could have put away a whole rack of baby backs, but those days are long over.

What prompted this was tonight we went to Sonny's because I wanted salad bar and maybe some meat. I ended up getting a sampler platter and the salad bar as an add on; I ate a big salad, a corn on the cob, and a couple bites of meat. Tons of leftovers for tomorrow, which is how I usually order a restaurant meal - with an eye toward how it will heat up the next day. Monello had the AYCE ribs and put away 3 1/4-rack servings, plus a serving of broccoli and a few bites of baked beans.

So if you went to an AYCE rib place, could you put a hurtin' on them?

littlelady

God bless the USA
Why can't you have ribs just because he doesn't like them?

To make life easier. My hub is such a hard nose; former Marine, and all. But, I love him, and will do anything for him. He is the line between US and them. And, now, that dot has been diagnosed with MS, we try to stay on the Mediterranean diet. It really helps that condition, and is very healthy for everyone. Bon appetite!

I am, actually, having less desire for meat, and a more veg, juice, cracker, cheese person. It is weird because I used to be such a carnivore. I know this doesn't fit with your OP, but I am now realizing my possible change over.

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

When we cook ribs, we usually do two racks, (babybacks). We can only eat 1/2 rack each, save the other rack for next day's dinner. I always make coleslaw and baked potato to go with them. Now, if the granddaughters are over and we cook ribs, they'll each eat a whole rack. I'm like RR now, I want some ribs!!!!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When we were in Sarasota we met my friend and her family at Darrell's in Venice. They offered cucumber salad as a side and it was delicious. I love BBQ but typically snub their goobery sides of baked beans, mac & cheese, mayo-heavy slaw, etc. The cukes were perfect. In TX the BBQ places have pinto beans with smoked pork chunks instead of the icky sweet baked beans, and I love those too.

lovinmaryland

Depends on the ribs. If BabyBacks, then yes, I could go thru 2-3 racks easy. If St. Louis cut, maybe one rack, if very fall-of-the-bone tender.

I was gonna say the same thing. Baby backs don't have much meat on them so I can go through a rack no problem w/ sides. If it was the St. Louis type I can probably have 3 or 4 ribs and I'm stuffed.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If you were fairly hungry, could you eat a whole rack of ribs? Or more? No sides, just the meat. Either baby backs or spares, your choice.

Yes, whenever I go to Famous Dave's I get a rack of the large bone, St Louis Style Ribs w/ Memphis Dry Rub ....

I eat the corn and end up talking most of the fries home.