Tillerson: 'I didn't want this job'

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Rex Tillerson said the job of secretary of State wasn't a role he sought out.

"I didn't want this job. I didn't seek this job," Tillerson told the Independent Journal Review in an interview during his recent Asia trip.

When asked why he agreed to take on the position of secretary of State, Tillerson said his wife "told me I'm supposed to do this."

During the interview, Tillerson said he had never met President Trump before the election. After his victory, the president wanted to talk with Tillerson "about the world."

“When he asked me at the end of that conversation to be secretary of State, I was stunned," Tillerson said.

Tillerson later told his wife about the offer.

“I told you God’s not through with you," he said his wife told him. "

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/325123-tillerson-i-didnt-want-this-job

Hijinx

" Rex Tillerson said the job of secretary of State wasn't a role he sought out.

"I didn't want this job. I didn't seek this job," Tillerson told the Independent Journal Review in an interview during his recent Asia trip.

When asked why he agreed to take on the position of secretary of State, Tillerson said his wife "told me I'm supposed to do this."

During the interview, Tillerson said he had never met President Trump before the election. After his victory, the president wanted to talk with Tillerson "about the world."

“When he asked me at the end of that conversation to be secretary of State, I was stunned," Tillerson said.

Tillerson later told his wife about the offer.

“I told you God’s not through with you," he said his wife told him. "

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/325123-tillerson-i-didnt-want-this-job

Tillerson did not want the job, but he has it.

Now if the azzholes would only leave him alone and let him do it.

They didn't complain when the ketchup gigolo , traitor, and band-aid hero got the job.

h3mech

I agree leave the man alone so he can get things done, I talk to my elderly mom every morning and she is so worried about trump and all the bs they are saying about him and his staff, I keep telling her don't worry about it he is doing what we wanted him and his staff to do

Tillerson did not want the job, but he has it.

Now if the azzholes would only leave him alone and let him do it.

They didn't complain when the ketchup gigolo , traitor, and band-aid hero got the job.

tommyjo

I agree leave the man alone so he can get things done, I talk to my elderly mom every morning and she is so worried about trump and all the bs they are saying about him and his staff, I keep telling her don't worry about it he is doing what we wanted him and his staff to do

Really? You wanted him to outright lie to you?

You wanted him to gut our diplomatic core?

You wanted him to nuzzle up to our enemies and piss off every friend we have?

You wanted him to take the credit for other people's work and lay the blame upon others for things he does?

You wanted to give tax cuts to the most wealthy while taking away health insurance for those most in need?

You wanted to have him spend every weekend in Palm Beach playing golf and his kids traveling the world...all on your dime?

These are the things you wanted from this President?

Wishbone

Actually I wanted him to round up all the Democrats and execute them just like they were screaming he was going to but he didn't do that... So F it all.

Now... If he starts doing that, i'll get onboard.

h3mech

wow dude, you really believe everything you are spouting, if you give the man a chance, but you libatards have another agenda we voted to make America great again if he doesn't then he will not have another term, we didn't said anything about obumma and how he made our country the laughing stock of the world. I want them to fear us, I'm a navy guy and when iran took the sailors I was embarrass, had I been the chief on the boat at the time I would have told my gunners to light them up then they would have had a second thoughts, but obumma bowed to all the Muslim leaders. trump will not. so in closing I guess you want to be like Germany and let all the folks maim and pillage I think you would care if we as a nation succeeds. I have a comfort puppy for you and a safe space if you need it.

You wanted him to take the credit for other people's work and lay the blame upon others for things he does?

You wanted to give tax cuts to the most wealthy while taking away health insurance for those most in need?

You wanted to have him spend every weekend in Palm Beach playing golf and his kids traveling the world...all on your dime?

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

Actually I wanted him to round up all the Democrats and execute them just like they were screaming he was going to but he didn't do that... So F it all.

Now... If he starts doing that, i'll get onboard.

Jesus Christ you people are like a cult.

WTF is wrong with you?

Chris0nllyn

Can anyone explain to me what the Democrats have been doing to block the Sec. of State from doing his job? Anyone?

Wishbone

Jesus Christ you people are like a cult.

WTF is wrong with you?

:shrug:

What?!? The Democrats were swearing that's what was going to happen, still are... All the Fascist, Hitler, Nazi references....

I'm patiently waiting for the Democrats to be herded up and processed.

Hijinx

So freedom of the press to write something about his own words is hampering his job?

Do you really believe that?

It isn't one story, it's the fact that as a Trump appointee they have fought him from day one, like they have fought everything Trump does.
You should know you are a part of it.

Chris0nllyn

It isn't one story, it's the fact that as a Trump appointee they have fought him from day one, like they have fought everything Trump does.
You should know you are a part of it.

The press nor some internet forum isn't stopping anyone from doing their job.

Go ahead and point me to any instance where what I typed disagreeing with Trump or his appointees' has stopped them from doing their job. Point to an instance where the media did the same thing.

If Tillerson, Trump, or anyone else in Washington for that matter can't do their job because their feelings got hurt by an internet posting or media piece, they don't deserve the job anyway.

You seem to have this idea that the only good media, the only right media, is one that agrees with you. That ignores the history of this country and why there's a First Amendment protecting the rights of the press and the people.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

You wanted to have him spend every weekend on vacation playing golf and his kids traveling the world...all on your dime?

So we get it, you don't like Obama..

But what about Trump??

See the difference is.. Is TRUMP doing anything different as far as his personal life goes now than before he was elected?? Did he go to Palm Beach regularly before.. did he play golf regularly before?? NOTHING about getting elected President says you have to change your life and become a prisoner of the White House.

Now.. in comparision.. Before Obama was elected did they vacation every 3 or 4 months in every corner of the world, or did they only do it when we were picking up the costs?? Did Obama play golf almost EVEYR weekend or only after he got elected??

How often did the Obamas go to Martha's Vineyard before he was elected?? Ever??

A difference between BEING Rich and Famous and maintaining your normal routine.. and sticking it to the taxpayer so you can live like the rich and famous.

Hijinx

The press nor some internet forum isn't stopping anyone from doing their job.

Go ahead and point me to any instance where what I typed disagreeing with Trump or his appointees' has stopped them from doing their job. Point to an instance where the media did the same thing.

If Tillerson, Trump, or anyone else in Washington for that matter can't do their job because their feelings got hurt by an internet posting or media piece, they don't deserve the job anyway.

You seem to have this idea that the only good media, the only right media, is one that agrees with you. That ignores the history of this country and why there's a First Amendment protecting the rights of the press and the people.

A good media would be fair, Tillerson will do his job, but why take cheap shots at the man.?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
So, I'd like to know who you think our enemies and allies are..

Because we aren't at war with Russia.. nor are they responsible for any American deaths in the last several years..

On the other hand.. Obama nuzzled up to ISIS and AL Queada in Syria and Iraq... and Libya.. and the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt THOSE are our enemy!!

Allies?? Trump and his ambassador to the UN have stood up for Israel and said NO MORE>..

While Obama funded Iran, and the Palestinians and even Hamas.. and even had a SOS who's assistant was a supporter of Hamas..

So tell me again.. who's nuzzling up to the enemy and crapping on our allies??

Obama, Hillary and Kerry all took a page out of Adolph's playbook.. they needed an enemy to take everyone's attention off of domestic problems, and their support of our real ENEMIES.. they fabricated Russia to be that new enemy.

Hijinx

So, I'd like to know who you think our enemies and allies are..

Because we aren't at war with Russia.. nor are they responsible for any American deaths in the last several years..

On the other hand.. Obama nuzzled up to ISIS and AL Queada in Syria and Iraq... and Libya.. and the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt THOSE are our enemy!!

Allies?? Trump and his ambassador to the UN have stood up for Israel and said NO MORE>..

While Obama funded Iran, and the Palestinians and even Hamas.. and even had a SOS who's assistant was a supporter of Hamas..

So tell me again.. who's nuzzling up to the enemy and crapping on our allies??

Obama, Hillary and Kerry all took a page out of Adolph's playbook.. they needed an enemy to take everyone's attention off of domestic problems, and their support of our real ENEMIES.. they fabricated Russia to be that new enemy.

It's like beating your head against a wall Bob. These people wear blinders. They are deaf to the truth.

Chris0nllyn

A good media would be fair, Tillerson will do his job, but why take cheap shots at the man.?

Depends what you consider to be cheap shots.

In this case, the story is on a quote of his. His actual words. Nothing made up or assumed, his actual words. There's not much else to the story. Should they ignore it when the acting SoS says he didn't want the job and essneitally took it because his wife said so?

Is Fox News reporting on every golf outing or flub Obama made a cheap shot? You'll probably say no. You'll probably call him a name, and you'll probably say he deserved criticism.