Student sues Pennsylvania school-violation of personal privacy

Hijinx

A boy getting all that upset over seeing a naked girl seems a bit strange to me but then a girl in the boys locker room is a bit weird too.
What happens when one of these boys comes on sexually to the girl who is naked in the boys locker room?

Well,the boy will be punished as being a sexual harasser, I suppose.
What ever happened to people who could look at their crotch and know what gender they were.

glhs837

Power with Control
A boy getting all that upset over seeing a naked girl seems a bit strange to me but then a girl in the boys locker room is a bit weird too.
What happens when one of these boys comes on sexually to the girl who is naked in the boys locker room?

Well,the boy will be punished as being a sexual harasser, I suppose.

So, the endgame is the realization that skin doesn't equal sex. It's just skin barring some other sign of seeking someones attention.

Clem72

This lawsuit is going nowhere. If the school can force boys to undress in front of each other, and in front of adults, then they can force them to undress in front of girls (and vice versa). It's the same legal grounds either way, and a boy can be just as embarrassed or unembarrassed to undress in front of a person of the same sex as of the opposite. It's either a personal choice, or the school can dictate it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
we will see if the tune changes when some 'dude' is in the Girls Locker Room ....

If this kid was put off by the sight of a naked girl, I kinda have my doubts he's the one pushing for a lawsuit. It's his parent's indignation making this happen. Poor little wimp of a kid.

Has anyone considered that the girl is just a horny female teen, and used this to her advantage to get into the guy's locker room for a cheap thrill, and has nothing to do at all with perceived sexuality?

black dog

Free America
If this kid was put off by the sight of a naked girl, I kinda have my doubts he's the one pushing for a lawsuit. It's his parent's indignation making this happen. Poor little wimp of a kid.

Has anyone considered that the girl is just a horny female teen, and used this to her advantage to get into the guy's locker room for a cheap thrill, and has nothing to do at all with perceived sexuality?

One would also think with having a " girl " undressing in a locker room full of teenage boys they would be preoccupied with not getting a chubby and with getting a mental video for use later that evening.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Im guessing this girls nickname prior to this was something like moose, not really the one you want to see naked anywhere.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Schools response

MESSAGE FROM THE SUPERINTENDENT -
March 22, 2017
On March 21, 2017, The Boyertown Area School District (BASD) received a Demand Letter, along with a copy of a filed, but not yet served, lawsuit in Federal court. Lawyers representing the plaintiff, a BASD student (who shall remain anonymous) and his guardians, presented the documents to the District’s solicitor. The assertions, which include a claim for money damages, include allegations that the District had violated the student’s right to privacy by failing to restrict the use of its bathrooms and locker rooms to either male or female students. According to the claims, the District could not by law permit a transgender student to use any facility, such as a bath or locker room, designated for males or females.
The District, which only learned of the lawsuit and Demand Letter after the plaintiff’s attorneys held a news conference, contests the claims and will appropriately respond and defend its actions that we believe were consistent and compliant with the law. However, it also believes it is important that every student, parent and guardian, and the community at large, know the facts about its policy and practices to ensure an educational environment for everyone that is free of any form of discrimination.
The BASD is firmly committed through our words and actions to treating every student, and member of our community with respect, dignity, and sensitivity in accordance with all applicable laws. The administration and staff, contrary to the allegations, offered the student-plaintiff reasonable and appropriate alternatives when he voiced opposition to changing in a designated male locker room being used by a transgender student. We also discussed those options with his guardians, explaining that at the time we were following the law of the land. Even though the Federal government’s position has changed since then, we are now guided by a recent Federal court ruling in a Pennsylvania case, and await additional guidance from the State of Pennsylvania.
Working with our solicitor, and seeking guidance from authorities that include the Pennsylvania Department of Education, the administration and School Board continues to focus on our mission and meeting the educational needs of all individuals.
As our nation struggles to balance the rights of individuals and groups regarding this challenging but very real issue, we ask all students, parents and community members to treat each other with the same degree of respect, dignity, and sensitivity. We are committed and confident that working together we can reach a satisfactory resolution that is consistent with our mission “to enable all students to succeed in a changing world.”
We thank all parties in advance for their cooperation and understanding as we work together to move forward as one District.
This message has been posted to our District website at [url]www.boyertownasd.org[/URL]. Future updates will be posted to this site.
Dr. Richard H. Faidley

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
. . . explaining that at the time we were following the law of the land.

This is the problem with the Federal government and the public at large. Any agency can publish an opinion (which is all the Obama/Department of Education guidance was on the issue of transgender students) and the public sees that as a law that must be followed blindly. It's what Trump means, in part, by "Drain the Swamp!" Stupid, opinions and regulations are killing the American culture and economy.