Would you recognize your own child?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://crimefeed.com/2016/10/nicholas-barclay-and-the-imposter/

Kid goes missing in San Antonio. Three years later, his mother gets a call that he has been found in Spain. His sister flies to Spain to fetch him and happens to notice that her brother's appearance has changed dramatically. This is explained away and sister buys it. Takes him home to mom, who also notices that pretty much everything about this kid is different, including that he is much older than he should be. (Surely you already know where this is going, right? Well, you have a lot more on the ball than this mom and sister.)

Clickee above to read the rest of the story. It's incredible.

I have to believe that these people were just delusional with grief. Nobody can possibly be that stupid. Now granted, this is not an on the ball family with their share of smarts, but come on. It is suspected that the family had something to do with his disappearance, and I'd believe that before I'd believe that a mother wouldn't recognize her own son after only 3 years.

black dog

Free America
Streaking was popular in the middle 70's and a few pictures of streakers were in two of my HS yearbooks.
My stepmother picked me out in a rearview picture amongst 4 other kids. 40 years later she still swears it was me and I still will not admit it was me. :yikes: