Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John Deere Sucks

TPD did a YouTube video awhile back complaining about the need to have a JD technician reset the oil change indicator on one of his new tractors.

Ah... here it is.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Yep, he's the one..( lighthouse road, ) after the Hurricane he gave me the boat lift from his swamped power boat.
    Wow..I remember driving out there after the sand was cleared and seeing that mess...
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

770 & 780 were 20 HP right?

I love my 790. I bought it new with mid PTO and full hydro. It's a great compact tractor, even with the turf tires on it it will fit in the bed of my dually for easy transportation. The trans and rear axle assembly is the same as the 10 series 50 HP tractors.
    john deere, if it ends in 10, think again. words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by buddscreek View Post
    john deere, if it ends in 10, think again. words to live by.
    You know why they paint some tractors Welfare Blue?

So you can find them easily in the field when they break down.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

never heard of welfare blue.. just remember my friend, if its blue it will work the day through.
    green tractors when they break just park in the trees and blend in.
    red tractors can't leave the barn, so they match.

never heard of welfare blue.. just remember my friend, if its blue it will work the day through.
    green tractors when they break just park in the trees and blend in.
    red tractors can't leave the barn, so they match.
    We had this Minneapolis Moline.....and a David Brown 3800.....a Deutz air-cooled...an Alllis Chalmers...

Quite the collection of mutts.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

never worked a david brown. allis was a strong tractor, mm were to much like an oliver. don't care much for them. deutz don't no about them

Mahindra might get some of the homeowners and hobbie farmers, but I don't see then being in the front line like the Big Boys.
    No doubt people are loyal to their brands, but I wouldn't worry about Mahindra's future. They are already THE big boy (more worldwide sales in agricultural sector than John Deere).

never worked a david brown. allis was a strong tractor, mm were to much like an oliver. don't care much for them. deutz don't no about them
    Deutz is a awesome air cooled diesel that loads of companies use in small & medium sized equipment, Companys from Vermeer, Ditch Witch, Case, Berkeen and many others use Deutz Air Cooled diesel engines. I don't know if they make liquid cooled models for I have never seen any.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

I don't know if they make liquid cooled models for I have never seen any.
    The group KHD-Deutz has produced a lot of liquid cooled diesels but I've never seen them offered in a tractor. We used quite a few of their V-16s marine diesels back some years ago. Their air-cooled diesels have been used in many a hovercraft too. We even tried using them for generators and lift fans on surface effect ships. Biggest "problem" with them is they are very noisy compared to water-cooled options.

Members who have read this thread: 1