Former Colorado GOP chairman who accused Democrats of voter fraud arrested for voter fraud

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" The former chairman of Colorado’s Republican Party, who just last year suggested on his “Wake Up!” talk radio show that Democrats were largely to blame for fraudulent votes, has been charged with voter fraud and forgery.

According to the Weld County District Attorney’s office, Curtis allegedly filed out his ex-wife’s absentee ballot for last year’s presidential election after it had been sent to his house, and forged her signature.

He was charged with one count of misdemeanor voter fraud and one count of forgery, a Class 5 felony, according to local media. The 57-year-old radio jock, who served as state party chairman from 1997 to 1999, faces up to three years in jail if convicted.

The Colorado secretary of state’s office told Denver’s ABC affiliate that Curtis’ case is the only voter fraud investigation related to the 2016 election that has resulted in criminal charges in the state.

But the Tea Party activist told listeners one month before the 2016 election: “It seems to be, and correct me if I’m wrong here, but virtually every case of voter fraud I can remember in my lifetime was committed by Democrats.”

Voter fraud, he concluded without citing any evidence on his KLZ 560 show, “is a bigger problem that I realized”: "

http://www.salon.com/2017/03/22/former-colorado-gop-chairman-who-accused-democrats-of-voter-fraud-arrested-for-voter-fraud/