Hoyer blamed Trump:Guess who was really responsible for the threats against Jewish Community Centers

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
An Israeli-American teenager is suspected of calling in bomb threats against Jewish community centers across the U.S.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 9:30 AM EDT

The Israeli police on Thursday arrested a man believed to be responsible for scores of bomb threats that were phoned in to Jewish community centers across the United States, American officials said.

The F.B.I. confirmed in a statement that the bureau had worked with the Israeli national police to arrest the teenager, who, officials said, holds citizenship in both Israel and the United States.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/us/jcc-bomb-threats.html

I guess it wasn't some rabid right-wing extremist after all. 9 times out of 10, whenever there is some alleged hate crime, it is being perpetrated by some nutcase zealot trying to stir up trouble. Remember the Whole Foods cake incident where a store employee allegedly wrote an anti-gay slur on the customer's cake. Well, the store had video evidence to the contrary and the customer later confessed.

Oh, and let's take a look at what Steny Hoyer had to say about the incidents on Feb. 28, 2017:

Hoyer: Americans Must Stand Together Against Hatred Of All Forms

WASHINGTON, DC - House Democratic Whip Steny H. Hoyer (MD) released the following statement in response to another wave of threats this week against synagogues, cemeteries, Jewish Community Centers and schools:

"The dramatic increase in threats against synagogues, Jewish cemeteries, Jewish Community Centers, and schools this week has been deeply troubling. Even more disturbing, though, has been the lack of a strong condemnation from the President, who has not spoken out against this wave of anti-Semitism forcefully and immediately.

"During the election season, the Trump campaign performed a dangerous dance with elements of a far-right fringe that promote anti-Semitic ideas and make light of or outright deny the Holocaust. Now in office, the President has a responsibility to make clear that our government will never give harbor to the most vile traditions of anti-Semitism or racism against any group. Americans must stand together against hatred of all forms, including anti-Semitism, and it is the responsibility of whoever serves as our President to take the lead in ensuring we do so."

What's that now Steny? It was Donald Trump's fault?? I assume a public apology will be forthcoming shortly?

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
I would love to see an independent unbiased source pull together the numbers of false vs real or even unverified complaints.

h3mech

and this is why I voted to get Stenny out of office, he needs to go for the benefit of maryland

I guess it wasn't some rabid right-wing extremist after all. 9 times out of 10, whenever there is some alleged hate crime, it is being perpetrated by some nutcase zealot trying to stir up trouble. Remember the Whole Foods cake incident where a store employee allegedly wrote an anti-gay slur on the customer's cake. Well, the store had video evidence to the contrary and the customer later confessed.

Oh, and let's take a look at what Steny Hoyer had to say about the incidents on Feb. 28, 2017:

What's that now Steny? It was Donald Trump's fault?? I assume a public apology will be forthcoming shortly?

Hijinx

Hoyer is nothing more or less than a party hack who knows how to pass out favors that keep him in office.
35 years on the public tit.