Tiramisu

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I completely forgot to order the lady fingers cookies from Amazon needed to make Tiramisu this weekend. Even Prime won't save me now. Please tell me I stand a chance to find them in one of the stores in St. Mary's. I don't recall having ever seen them around here and trying to avoid traipsing through every single on of them as that's usually my luck with specialty International items. Took me 4 stores just to find the right polenta one year :ohwell:

#italianprincessproblems :drama:

Toxick

Splat
I completely forgot to order the lady fingers cookies from Amazon needed to make Tiramisu this weekend. Even Prime won't save me now. Please tell me I stand a chance to find them in one of the stores in St. Mary's. I don't recall having ever seen them around here and trying to avoid traipsing through every single on of them as that's usually my luck with specialty International items. Took me 4 stores just to find the right polenta one year :ohwell:

#italianprincessproblems :drama:

You can substitute pound cake :yay:

Or angel food cake.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
You can substitute pound cake :yay:

Or angel food cake.

:shocking:

side note and perhaps why I'd probably be against that :lol: but I went to a party last year where someone brought a "cheater version" I'm pretty sure they found in the KRAFT catalogue that used graham crackers vs. lady fingers and chocolate chips vs. shaved chocolate and vanilla pudding vs. the real custard-type filling, etc. She wasn't claiming it was REAL tiramisu, but "tiramisu" was in the recipe title. There were so many short cuts it turned into an entirely different dessert. It really just tasted like s'mores dipped in pudding :dead:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

All ladyfingers are are finger shaped dense sponge cakes. If you get the sponge cake and cut it into appropriate slices, then let it sit out and get slightly stale - BOOM! Ladyfingers. (PS, then you can say you made them home made, a la Sandra Lee :jet:)

But you should be able to find the official ones at Giant, like Ter said.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
All ladyfingers are are finger shaped dense sponge cakes. If you get the sponge cake and cut it into appropriate slices, then let it sit out and get slightly stale - BOOM! Ladyfingers. (PS, then you can say you made them home made, a la Sandra Lee :jet:)

:jet: Love it!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Ti consiglio di andare al negozio Nick's. Sono sicuro che lo troveresti li. Lui e un amico vecchio. E usando il pound cake non e lo stesso come usando graham crackers.