8 month year old killed by dog in lusby

Misfit

Lawful neutral
8 month old killed by dog in Lusby

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/416669/416669/
Deputies arrived within one minute of the initial call. Deputies learned that a family friend was watching an 8 month old baby boy when the family dog attacked the baby. Deputies observed the dog actively attacking the baby and had to shoot the animal in order to stop the attack.

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
I cannot fathom the pain this family is going through. I hope they have a vast network of support during this time.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Curious what kind of dog it was.

(And no, that's not a snark about pitbulls; I am simply curious what kind of dog it was.)

black dog

Free America
Curious what kind of dog it was.

(And no, that's not a snark about pitbulls; I am simply curious what kind of dog it was.)

Pit Bull or a different Bully Breed? Who would have thought.

Captain Dave Payne of the Calvert County Sheriff's Office said the attacking dog appears to be a pit bull, reports SoMdNews.
Deputies were dispatched to the Prancer Court home at approximately 1:03 pm. After arriving to the location within one minute, deputies witnessed the dog actively attacking the baby. Deputies had to shoot the animal in order to stop the attack, states the release. Deputies immediately determined the baby died as a result of the attack. The investigation is ongoing. Calvert County Sheriff Mike Evans will be conducting a press conference at noon Friday at the sheriff’s office.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Curious what kind of dog it was. (And no, that's not a snark about pitbulls; I am simply curious what kind of dog it was.)

I figured out who the family is. There are no pictures of a dog on any of the pictures posted to Facebook of either the mother's pages or the grandparents pages. So it might be a new addition. The incident happened at the grandparents house. Not sure if the mother of the baby lives there but I am leaning towards it. It also appears that the grandfather (55 yrs old) is law enforcement.

Added: Mother does not live with the grandparents.

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
It's terrible for all involved. Animals are supposed to bring love and amusement into a house. If any of the family is on here you have my warmest thoughts.

FED_UP

Pit Bulls have proven time and time again to be psychotic, no matter how good or bad the owner is with the dog.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Pit Bulls have proven time and time again to be psychotic, no matter how good or bad the owner is with the dog.

A lot of that can be blamed on supply and demand. For a long time everyone wanted a pit and every guy with a backyard was willing to breed his bitch to her son. Inbreeding is discouraged for a reason, bad traits are reinforced. Any pit from a reputable breeder will not be psychotic just because the parents are selected to bring in good traits along with new blood. Any more, after flooding the world with inbred dogs, it's a crap shoot what you're going to get.

PeoplesElbow

Why are there so many stupid people with dogs? Dogs are animals, even though they are domesticated they still have instincts and have a hard time controlling them at times.

Every time i hear someone with the "my dog would never hurt a fly" I want to punch them.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Curiosity, why didn't one of the adults try and stop the dog, why was it still able to attack the child after the deputies arrived?

Chris0nllyn

Curiosity, why didn't one of the adults try and stop the dog, why was it still able to attack the child after the deputies arrived?

This just came out
Calvert County Sheriff Mike Evans (R), joined by Commissioners’ President Tom Hejl (R), held a press conference Friday afternoon at the sheriff’s office, where he explained the family friend attempted to remove the dog from the baby by choking it and striking it with a rawhide bone and her shoe. After realizing she couldn’t stop the dog, she called authorities.