Whats going on across from Lexington Park Elementary?

BernieP

Resident PIA
Anyone know what they are clearing all of those trees for across from Lexington Park Elementary school?

oh I can't resist,
A BUILDING!

Did I get it right?

Okay, all kidding over, pardon me. Yes, I would guess an office building / professional building. Same as what's on the corner.

BernieP

Resident PIA
That would be the property behind Roses II

Well Roses II is gone, and it's pretty much a road. The rescue squad is on that road - FDR BLVD?

I believe the property would be next to the library and JFTaylor (if they are still in the building on the corner).

It could be a park, but I doubt it,

BlueOx77

Anyone know what they are clearing all of those trees for across from Lexington Park Elementary school?

This is part of the black vulture project by Patuxent River NAS in attempt to move them out of the immediate area. It's hoped that by removing the trees, the vultures will move somewhere else. This is an effort to prevent aircraft strikes with the vultures.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
This is part of the black vulture project by Patuxent River NAS in attempt to move them out of the immediate area. It's hoped that by removing the trees, the vultures will move somewhere else. This is an effort to prevent aircraft strikes with the vultures.

:lmao: Guess I am not the only one creeped out by them.

Seriously, I was at the library a couple of days ago and saw all the clearing going on. I looked at the LP master plan and saw it was going to be a town green/park. I will have to see if I can find the link I looked at.

stgislander

PREMO Member

Greaaaaaat. Maybe they'll come this way and join the already large committee (flock) here in Tall Timbers.

glhs837

Power with Control
Had some hanging about 150 feet behind the house last fall, I assume a deer died. Was pretty creepy looking out the living room window and seeing them in the trees.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
There is a house in Charles Co (LaPlata, I think) that always has them roosting on their roof. That would creep me out knowing they were just up there sitting on my roof. Usually 5-10 of them.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron

There goes part of my zombie apocalypse survival plan.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Had some hanging about 150 feet behind the house last fall, I assume a deer died. Was pretty creepy looking out the living room window and seeing them in the trees.

I often take fish cleanings out to an old moonshine pit in the woods. A day later and there's nothing left but some scales. The first time I spotted them out there, I was kind of freaked. Not so much any more. Gotta love nature's recyclers.

3CATSAILOR

:lmao: Guess I am not the only one creeped out by them.

Seriously, I was at the library a couple of days ago and saw all the clearing going on. I looked at the LP master plan and saw it was going to be a town green/park. I will have to see if I can find the link I looked at.

Yeah, maybe they will call it Vulture Park.