Local Business AMC Lexington Park 6 Re-Opens Friday, March 24

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
This just in...

COMPLETELY RENOVATED AMC LEXINGTON PARK 6 REDEFINES THE MOVIE-GOING EXPERIENCE WITH NEW FEATURES INCLUDING RECLINER SEATING

Full theatre renovations complete at AMC Lexington Park 6, which reopens Friday, March 24, with plush recliner seating, new sight & sound equipment and expanded food and drink options

Leawood, Kan. (March 23, 2017) ¡V The most comfortable place to watch a movie in Lexington Park, Maryland, is now AMC Lexington Park 6. The theatre, which re-opens Friday, March 24, has recently undergone a complete transformation, enhancing every part of the movie-going experience. AMC Lexington Park 6 now features plush, power recliner seating in all auditoriums, enhanced menu items and all new sight and sound presentation technology.

Moviegoers at AMC Lexington Park 6 can enjoy the full AMC amazing experience, including:

-- Plush, power recliners

-- Online ticketing, reserved seating and ticketless entry

-- An expanded menu of treats for every taste bud, including Coca-Cola FreestyleR

Additionally, AMC continues to explore options to add its MacGuffins adult beverage concept.

At AMC, every seat is the best seat in the house. In addition to the plush, power recliner seating, every auditorium features stadium seating or platform risers, which provide a stadium-style seating feel. AMC Lexington Park 6 also features reserved seating, providing moviegoers with the confidence that they¡¦ll have their selected seats ready when they arrive at the theatre, as well as ticketless entry, which allows guests to skip the box office entirely through access to their ticket on their mobile device.

The enhanced food and beverage menu includes traditional movie theatre snacks as well as popular hot items such as chicken fingers, pizza and mozzarella sticks. Moviegoers should stay tuned as well, because there are more menu options on the way later in 2017. In addition, moviegoers can enjoy Coca-Cola Freestyle machines, which offer more than 120 drink options.

For information about the renovations of AMC Lexington Park 6, or to purchase tickets, visit: https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-theatres/washington-d-c/amc-loews-lexington-park-6

About AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc.

AMC (NYSE: AMC) is the largest movie exhibition company in the U.S., Europe and the world with approximately 900 theatres and more than 10,000 screens across the globe. AMC has propelled innovation in the exhibition industry by deploying more plush power-recliner seats, delivering enhanced food and beverage choices, generating greater guest engagement through its loyalty program, web site and smart phone apps, offering premium large format experiences and playing a wide variety of content including independent programming. AMC operates among the most productive theatres in the United States¡¦ top markets, having the #1 or #2 market share positions in 22 of the 25 largest metropolitan areas of the United States, including the top three markets (NY, LA, Chicago). Through its Odeon subsidiary, AMC operates in seven European countries and is the # 1 theatre chain in the UK & Ireland, Italy and Spain. For more information, go to www.amctheatres.com.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Well, two observations.

1) Location, location, location.

2) Amazing what competition will do.

LOL

Well, let's see if it can be maintained.

I wonder how much of a problem people see the location? At least for shows ending after the sun goes down.

DEEKAYPEE8569

LOL

Well, let's see if it can be maintained.

I wonder how much of a problem people see the location? At least for shows ending after the sun goes down.

Be prepared to see more on SOMD Online about incidents at the theater. Just sayin'.....

PeoplesElbow

Never knew it closed.

I never really had a problem with the location, it isn't like we live in Detroit or something. I had a problem with the seats, at 6'5" 280 lbs they were simply too small and low to the ground.

Goldenhawk

Never knew it closed.

...and therein lies the problem they face... the moment the newer theater opened, it disappeared from a great many people's "where to see a movie" list. It will take a long time for them to rebuild a clientele. Too many years of neglect.

FettZilla

They need to have early bird prices for shows before 12PM at Lexington Exchange. I mean, $8 when you can go for $6 on Tuesdays.

Potomac

the location was far less of a problem for me than the utter, overall neglect of the facility. It was just plain gross in there

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I'm willing to give them a try, hopefully they've instituted a no thug policy.

edreedisgod20

If it's anything like the renovations done to the PF theater, I'll go here over the R/C. Recliners are nice, but as someone who goes to a lot of opening night shows of the bigger movies, the best thing is reserved seating. Every theater should have it. So nice to be able to go see a sold out show of a movie and not have to show up an hour or more beforehand to get in line to make sure you could get seating together with your party or just where you prefer to sit.

lovinmaryland

If it's anything like the renovations done to the PF theater, I'll go here over the R/C. Recliners are nice, but as someone who goes to a lot of opening night shows of the bigger movies, the best thing is reserved seating. Every theater should have it. So nice to be able to go see a sold out show of a movie and not have to show up an hour or more beforehand to get in line to make sure you could get seating together with your party or just where you prefer to sit.

I agree we only go to theatres now that have it.