McCarthyism: CNN Smears Nunes After He Refuses To Betray Source

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
McCarthyism: CNN Smears Nunes After He Refuses To Betray Source

Protecting a source or a whistleblower is supposed to be one of the most sacred elements of journalism. And for very good reason. Without that protection, we will never learn certain truths, and oftentimes we will never learn vitally important information. As much as I despise our corrupt national media, unless the source has burnt the reporter with intentional misinformation, I have never once argued that a legitimate source should be revealed or named. It just isn't done -- not in a democracy, anyway.

This same important principle applies to investigations, like the one on Capitol Hill currently looking into all things President Trump and Russia. NOTE: At no time during this investigation has CNN demanded any Democrat cough up the source of their information -- especially if this source is leaking information damaging to Trump.

In fact, never have I ever once heard anyone at CNN demand the same of a confidential source.

But now that a source has leaked information that benefits Trump, information that destroys CNN's Very Fake News Narrative that falsely claims Trump lied about Obama spying on him, suddenly CNN doesn’t find the sacred idea of protecting a source all that important:

Manu Raju : Just asked Nunes repeatedly if he got his info yesterday from WH or Trump admin; he refused to say BC protecting "sources and methods"