Please please let this be true

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/03/paul-ryan-replacement/

Republican officials in both Congress and the White House are discussing seeking a replacement for House Speaker Paul Ryan following his health care bill blunder, reports Breitbart.

The outlet shares concerns that Ryan misled the public and President Donald Trump by repeatedly promising that the health care bill would pass.

Of course, those promises fell apart today as President Trump himself called for the health care bill to be pulled, which it was.

I want to lick his face and drink his tasty tasty tears.

nodaddy.jpg

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Not as a Congressman (unless his peeps vote him out next time around) but they can replace him as Speaker of the House. His speech today made me want to smack his face.

I know. Grrrr.

When Obamacare implodes, Ryan is as much to blame as the Dems.

tommyjo

Not as a Congressman (unless his peeps vote him out next time around) but they can replace him as Speaker of the House. His speech today made me want to smack his face.

what a joke...every report of the effort to pass that flawed legislation showed our illustrious egomaniac sitting on his ass expecting others to do the work. He did not use, nor does he understand how to use, the power of the Presidency. TRUMP promised to get this done...TRUMP said he was THE ONLY ONE who could...he made as little effort as possible...and is now following his playbook...walk away and blame others. What a tool.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
what a joke...every report of the effort to pass that flawed legislation showed our illustrious egomaniac sitting on his ass expecting others to do the work. He did not use, nor does he understand how to use, the power of the Presidency. TRUMP promised to get this done...TRUMP said he was THE ONLY ONE who could...he made as little effort as possible...and is now following his playbook...walk away and blame others. What a tool.

Oooh. You should put some ice on that butt-hurt. :yay:

littlelady

God bless the USA

Well, if you smack him, don't damage those baby blues! :lol: But, seriously, this might be a great advantage to the Trump admin. People will continue to suffer under Obamacare, and it will come back to roost on Dem heads.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I read Trey Gowdy could be a replacement ...

[fixed I need more coffee]

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I'll post this as many times as I need to.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Gee, I wonder why they called it Obamacare then......

Who signed it into law?

Had this POS gotten through Congress and ended up on Trump's desk, and he signed it, then it would become Trumpcare and you all could have gnashed your teeth against your mortal enemy.

But it didn't. It died...in committee, just like Bill explained in the video I posted.

Midnightrider

Who signed it into law?

Had this POS gotten through Congress and ended up on Trump's desk, and he signed it, then it would become Trumpcare and you all could have gnashed your teeth against your mortal enemy.

But it didn't. It died...in committee, just like Bill explained in the video I posted.

They were already calling it the trump/Ryan bill. Trump campaigned on repeal and replace and this was his go at it. Just like obama campaigned on instituting socialized healthcare. This isn't brain surgery, it's just intellectual honesty.
That's why the ommpaloompa was pouting about it yesterday. Well that and the fact that it shows the republicans are not going to work with trump, even if he is the great deal maker.....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They were already calling it the trump/Ryan bill. Trump campaigned on repeal and replace and this was his go at it. Just like obama campaigned on instituting socialized healthcare. This isn't brain surgery, it's just intellectual honesty.
That's why the ommpaloompa was pouting about it yesterday. Well that and the fact that it shows the republicans are not going to work with trump, even if he is the great deal maker.....

This is not Trump's go at it. If you look at it, it doesn't resemble what Trump was talking about in any meaningful way. Nor was he pouting. Perhaps if you'd actually watch or listen to him instead of parroting what your handlers say he said, you might be a little more accurate.

One thing you are partially correct on - alert the press! mark your calendar! - is that Paul Ryan and some other members of our US Congress indeed have no intention of working with Trump. They've been making that clear for quite some time now.

Midnightrider

This is not Trump's go at it. If you look at it, it doesn't resemble what Trump was talking about in any meaningful way. Nor was he pouting. Perhaps if you'd actually watch or listen to him instead of parroting what your handlers say he said, you might be a little more accurate.

One thing you are partially correct on - alert the press! mark your calendar! - is that Paul Ryan and some other members of our US Congress indeed have no intention of working with Trump. They've been making that clear for quite some time now.

I know reality isn't your thing, but up until the bill was pulled yesterday trump had his minions pushing for it to be passed. Oh, and I watched trumps statement after the failure. He was most defiantly pouting. Pouting and pointing fingers.

philibusters

The Republican bill was Trumps bill in the same way that the ACA ended up being Obama's bill.

The ACA was not drafted by Obama, it came out of Max Baucus committee and was drafted by Baucus and his aides. The Democrats had three blueprints. The House had a blueprint. Obama had a blueprint. And the Senate had a blueprint (Baucus's bill). The ACA ended up being the Senate's bill word for word because after their initial bill had passed, Ted Kennedy died and a Republican won his seat and the Democrats no longer had the votes to pass anything in the Senate so the House and Obama got stuck with the Senate version of the bill though both had their own versions.

Likewise, the failed bill was drafted up by Paul Ryan and his aides and didn't come from the Trump team, but like Obama at some point he adopted it and treated it like his own. If it had passed you could have called it Trumpcare to same extent the ACA is called Obamacare.

philibusters

I know the teapartiers hate Paul Ryan and maybe with cause but Ryan was in a tough place.

Paul Ryan probably could have drafted a bill that could have easily passed the House, but he was allowed to because the Republicans didn't have the votes to beat a filibuster in the Senate. Hence rather than getting to start from scratch, he had to amend the ACA because you cannot filibusters the amendment like you can filibuster new legislation.

So he was stuck having to keep a lot of the structure of the ACA in place (which instantly meant Republicans of the more conservative bent were not going to like it). So he drafts a bill. He knows its not a great bill, but it was the best he could do while keeping the structure of the ACA in place.

In order to get teh Freedom caucus to support it (which he had to do) because they vote as a bloc he had take make changes to the bill. Those very changes cause him to lose a dozen moderates.

Trump did everything he could to help Ryan whining and dining dozens of Republicans in the house and giving them a lot of attention, but as the vote approached, Ryan knew he didn't have the votes.

Ryan realized that for the 2018 election he was endangering Republican seats if he took a vote. He knew the bill didn't have enough votes and he also realized a lot of the most moderate Republicans would have taken a lot of heat at home for voting yes to the bill, so why make them take heat at home and give their Democratic opponents talking points by making them vote yes for a bill that never had a chance at passing.

And then everybody calls him incompetent. He was in a terrible position. Ryan and Trump failed. It is not because either is incompetent at negotiating or getting votes--its because they were not going to get a single Democratic vote and to make a bill acceptable to both the conservative and moderate Republicans was impossible.