Now comes the real test...

tommyjo

After his string of rebukes, defeats and consistently falling poll numbers, will Donald Trump finally get his head out of his ass and lead this country? The opportunity is now clearly laid at his feet. The test is will he pick up that opportunity?

Healthcare is complicated, everyone knows this. Will this defeat--which was almost predictable when the bill was released--shine a bright light of recognition on Mr. Trump? Will he realize that he was elected to lead a large, diverse country, not a small narrow minded minority of the population?

Will he reach out to Dems and try to craft legislation that will ultimately pass? If Trump was half the businessman he claims to be, he wouldn't be spouting the traditional "I'm open to working with Dems/Repubs" bullsh!t. He'd actually be doing it. He should meet with Ryan and Pelosi this weekend and find a way forward.

Mr. Trump has two rather clear choices: He can "lead" as he has been...like a bull in a China shop with no direction...no input from others..."his way or the highway". Or he can work with all those around him and lead this country towards a brighter future by example.

Roughly 60% of this country doesn't approve of Mr. Trump...after only 65 days. A large part of those who voted for him didn't vote FOR him, they voted AGAINST his opponent. Only something like 17% of those polled approved of the recent health care proposal. Millions of people worldwide marched against him the day after his inauguration.

In his first 65 days, Mr. Trump has failed miserably. He is everything his detractors said he was. The
entire world
is still waiting for him to be Presidential, to act in a manner worthy of the job, to

Will he? Will he put down the cellphone, turn off Fox, listen to the input of experts and opinions of those whose votes he needs? In the words he so often liked to use during the campaign, "what the hell has he got to lose"? 37% won't get him re-elected. 37% and failure to pass their signature policy objective does not bode well for 2018. He actually appears to be staying in DC this weekend...what an opportunity to BE President.

Of course being President means he will have to admit he was wrong and hasn't approached this job as he should have. Personally, I have no faith in this man. He is the same buffoon today as the one that made the initial marketing blunder of taking the DOWN escalator to announce his Presidency. His ego will get in the way as it always does. For the sake of this country, I hope he proves me wrong.

(You may now go back to reading your propaganda news from GURPS or NhBoy...)

This_person

After his string of rebukes, defeats and consistently falling poll numbers, will Donald Trump finally get his head out of his ass and lead this country? The opportunity is now clearly laid at his feet. The test is will he pick up that opportunity?

Healthcare is complicated, everyone knows this. Will this defeat--which was almost predictable when the bill was released--shine a bright light of recognition on Mr. Trump? Will he realize that he was elected to lead a large, diverse country, not a small narrow minded minority of the population?

Will he reach out to Dems and try to craft legislation that will ultimately pass? If Trump was half the businessman he claims to be, he wouldn't be spouting the traditional "I'm open to working with Dems/Repubs" bullsh!t. He'd actually be doing it. He should meet with Ryan and Pelosi this weekend and find a way forward.

Mr. Trump has two rather clear choices: He can "lead" as he has been...like a bull in a China shop with no direction...no input from others..."his way or the highway". Or he can work with all those around him and lead this country towards a brighter future by example.

Roughly 60% of this country doesn't approve of Mr. Trump...after only 65 days. A large part of those who voted for him didn't vote FOR him, they voted AGAINST his opponent. Only something like 17% of those polled approved of the recent health care proposal. Millions of people worldwide marched against him the day after his inauguration.

In his first 65 days, Mr. Trump has failed miserably. He is everything his detractors said he was. The is still waiting for him to be Presidential, to act in a manner worthy of the job, to .

Will he? Will he put down the cellphone, turn off Fox, listen to the input of experts and opinions of those whose votes he needs? In the words he so often liked to use during the campaign, "what the hell has he got to lose"? 37% won't get him re-elected. 37% and failure to pass their signature policy objective does not bode well for 2018. He actually appears to be staying in DC this weekend...what an opportunity to BE President.

Of course being President means he will have to admit he was wrong and hasn't approached this job as he should have. Personally, I have no faith in this man. He is the same buffoon today as the one that made the initial marketing blunder of taking the DOWN escalator to announce his Presidency. His ego will get in the way as it always does. For the sake of this country, I hope he proves me wrong.

Define what you would consider leadership.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Personally, I have no faith in this man. He is the same buffoon today as the one that made the initial marketing blunder of taking the DOWN escalator to announce his Presidency. His ego will get in the way as it always does. For the sake of this country, I hope he proves me wrong. (You may now go back to reading your propaganda news from GURPS or NhBoy...)

Id rather have a buffoon in the White House than the chimpanzee we had for the past eight years. By the way toejam, from where did you plagiarize the article you posted? Because you damn site don't have the intellectual capacity to write what was posted.

Hijinx

In his first 65 days, Mr. Trump has failed miserably. He is everything his detractors said he was. The is still waiting for him to be Presidential, to act in a manner worthy of the job, to .

Anyone who believes the Democrats will work with Trump is crazy as a loon.
They come to bury Caesar not to praise him.

This_person

Define what you would consider leadership.

I'm guessing, TJ, since you couldn't answer this you have no idea what leadership is.