ISO Information Fire extinguisher inspection

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Does anyone know if the local fire departments will do inspections for home fire extinguishers? If not, where else can I get them inspected locally? TIA!

Note: they show fully charged but either they have no inspection tag or the tag is very outdated.

black dog

Free America
Yellow Pages, Fire Extinguisher Service Companys.
And yes they need to be licensed to check and service them.
They will check and weight them and then put a new service tag on the handle.

It was part of my job when I worked for Muriant, but I believe for home sized extinguishers it would be cheaper to just buy a few new ones.

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
If they show charged that should be good. That's all an inspector looks for when doing commercial inspections.

Yellow Pages, Fire Extinguisher Service Companys.
And yes they need to be licensed to check and service them.
They will check and weight them and then put a new service tag on the handle.

It was part of my job when I worked for Muriant, but I believe for home sized extinguishers it would be cheaper to just buy a few new ones.

This is a state of Maryland inspection but I can't get an answer to the inspection tag issue. Trying to keep expenses down so if the fire extinguisher is still good, just getting them inspected would be great. But if it going to cost less to replace them than get them inspected, so be it. Just looking to see if I could get them inspected for free or low cost and save the owner some money.

black dog

Free America
I thought we paid around 35 bucks a year for each unit to be checked and serviced if necessary. But we had a few hundred on each power plant.

Blister

What is Muriant? I worked at all of the local plants. Do you know Buckwheat, Dic#Fingers, Whitesnake, Smooth, or Dirty Dean? Any Bailey's, Bowle's, Stone's, Adriani's, Clark's, Quade's, Estevez's, Flerlage's, Nimmerichter's, Parker's or Burch's?

Tennyson Fire. 301-863-2139

The will pick up, inspect, recharge, cost is very reasonable. Had all the units in my garage recharged last year. If it is out of date beyond recharge, they can recycle the powder and canisters.

black dog

Free America
What is Muriant? I worked at all of the local plants. Do you know Buckwheat, Dic#Fingers, Whitesnake, Smooth, or Dirty Dean? Any Bailey's, Bowle's, Stone's, Adriani's, Clark's, Quade's, Estevez's, Flerlage's, Nimmerichter's, Parker's or Burch's?

Sorry auto correct, Mirant. I know Quade's, Anderson, a Bowls, 3 of the Young's but one is now dead, both Bates and a few others. Do you know Peter Stuckinya?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Thanks for all the information and help! It is truly appreciated. Not my choice, but I was told to deal with any problems with them after the fact. I will let y'all know how it goes.