The Republican Party Is Catastrophically Broken

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
The humiliating failure to repeal Obamacare reveals the GOP is not a national governing party–and Trump is a failure as president.

" When the history of the fledgling, fumbling Trump presidency is written, the past week will go down as either the end of the beginning, or the beginning of the end. Trump’s disastrous week began with FBI director James Comey confirming that his campaign is under investigation for possible “coordination” with Russian officials to sabotage Hillary Clinton’s presidential candidacy. It ended with the ominous slam of a door Friday night: House Speaker Paul Ryan pulling the monstrous American Health Care Act because he didn’t have the votes to pass it, admitting that the GOP’s seven-year crusade to repeal the Affordable Care Act is over.

A president who campaigned on the promise that “we’re going to win so much, you’re gonna be sick of winning” has suffered a disabling string of losses in his first two months. He had to fire his National Security Advisor, Mike Flynn, for lying about conversations with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak; Attorney General Jeff Sessions, also discovered dissembling about his Russian ties, had to recuse himself from Comey’s investigation into Trump campaign coordination with Russia. Federal judges have repeatedly blocked his Muslim ban.

But nothing has been as publicly humiliating as the betrayal of a core campaign promise: That Trump and Republicans would “immediately,” in his words, “repeal and replace” the nightmare of Obamacare. Influential conservative writer Philip Klein called Trump and Ryan’s move to pull the bill from consideration “the biggest broken promise in political history.” "

https://www.thenation.com/article/the-republican-party-is-catastrophically-broken/

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Let me make sure I understand:

Trump runs (and wins) as a Republican
The rank and file Republicans not only campaigned against him, they now lobby against him and try to derail his agenda
As a result, the Republican party is in shambles
And somehow that is Trump's fault

Is that about right?

It's interesting to see the Left sticking up for that weaselly little turd Paul Ryan.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What a mess they are! Have the house, senate, court, most state houses.

What does that make the other team?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Let me make sure I understand:

Trump runs (and wins) as a Republican
The rank and file Republicans not only campaigned against him, they now lobby against him and try to derail his agenda
As a result, the Republican party is in shambles
And somehow that is Trump's fault

Is that about right?

It's interesting to see the Left sticking up for that weaselly little turd Paul Ryan.

Oh, they (the R's) couldn't :blahblah: because they didn't have the House, or they didn't have the Senate, or they didn't have the POTUS.

Now, they have all 3 and still, they fight amongst themselves.

Interesting.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Oh, they (the R's) couldn't :blahblah: because they didn't have the House, or they didn't have the Senate, or they didn't have the POTUS.

Now, they have all 3 and still, they fight amongst themselves.

Interesting.

For real. My god, it's Keystone Kops time.

The GOP is a mess, but Trump didn't do that - he just forced them to out themselves and brought it to a head. The party has been a wreck since at least the late 80s.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Catastrophically broken? I wouldn't say catastrophically. We've know for at least eight years now that there were (deep) ideological divisions within fighting for the soul of the party. They can still win elections.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Larry, winning is fine but what you do with your victory is what counts. The GOP was given everything in November and they're just pissing it away as fast as they can.

#### them. I hope they die.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
For real. My god, it's Keystone Kops time.

The GOP is a mess, but Trump didn't do that - he just forced them to out themselves and brought it to a head. The party has been a wreck since at least the late 80s.

He's definitely been outing a LOT of things about our US government in his mere 60+ days. :lmao:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
their is the UNI Party - Dems and Repubs [establishment] and everyone NOT Establishment