Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microsoft sued for millions over Windows 10 upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    The Win10 Auto-Install thing is real.

Happened to my workstation. I didn't agree to anything and hadn't worked on it for a couple weeks. One day logged on... Windows 10. voila!
    Yep. Happened to my kid's computers. Kind of took me by surprise, since they tend to never turn the computer off but just the monitor.

On the other hand, the automatic updates have always annoyed me and I typically turn them off on my computer - it's irritating to come back to my machine and find that all the windows I left open are gone, and every app I left wiped. It's never a catastrophe - just a nuisance.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    On the other hand, the automatic updates have always annoyed me and I typically turn them off on my computer ...

over the years MS own updates have repeatedly broken Office or the OS
    .... I only recommend 'auto updates' for uneducated people who truly don't known how their computer works

... Grandma - 85 yr old Aunt Shirley ... etc
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.