Trump is looking more and more like a man without a plan

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Attorney General Jeff Sessions showed up unannounced in the White House briefing room to attempt something President Trump very much needed after Friday’s health-care debacle: a change of subject.

Sessions, accompanied by White House press secretary Sean Spicer, revived one of the reliable applause lines from the campaign, a crackdown on “sanctuary cities” harboring illegal immigrants. “DUIs, assaults, burglaries, drug crimes, gang rapes, crimes against children and murders,” the attorney general recited. “Countless Americans would be alive today and countless loved ones would not be grieving today if these policies of sanctuary cities were ended.”

But for all the sturm und drang, Sessions didn’t have much to announce.

“Sounds like you’re applying the standards and the policy that the Obama administration put forward,” CBS News’s Major Garrett observed when Sessions finished his statement. “Are you taking any additional steps?”

“Well, that’s a good question,” Sessions replied. And the answer, apparently, is “no.” Sessions said there could be additional requirements “in the future” beyond those the Obama administration had. But not just yet. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-is-looking-more-and-more-like-a-man-without-a-plan/2017/03/27/327edc1c-1337-11e7-ada0-1489b735b3a3_story.html?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.e81fa58c903c

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Meanwhile, a lot of stuff is getting done. Good stuff. Whole bunch of EPA regulations being rolled back, for example....Keystone XL moving ahead finally.. ;-)

tommyjo

Meanwhile, a lot of stuff is getting done. Good stuff. Whole bunch of EPA regulations being rolled back, for example....Keystone XL moving ahead finally.. ;-)

That's "lots"?

Keystone is good...I am sure those 35 people who get permanent jobs from the pipeline and all the foreign countries that will receive the oil are just thrilled....but it's hardly some magnificent accomplishment for the US.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
To me Trump is looking more and more like a man who needs to take the gloves back off and stop capitulating to the Republican Party. He does much better when he follows his instincts and lays into his enemies instead of trying to be diplomatic. Honestly, diplomacy doesn't suit him, nor does team playing, and he doesn't do it well.

SamSpade

That's "lots"?

Keystone is good...I am sure those 35 people who get permanent jobs from the pipeline and all the foreign countries that will receive the oil are just thrilled....but it's hardly some magnificent accomplishment for the US.

Riiight.
Because when you build a new pipeline, the ONLY NEW PERMANENT jobs that exist are the ones for maintaining the pipeline itself.

You know, kind of when you spend money to build a road - it's all temporary except for the tiny maintenance crew.

SamSpade

To me Trump is looking more and more like a man who needs to take the gloves back off and stop capitulating to the Republican Party. He does much better when he follows his instincts and lays into his enemies instead of trying to be diplomatic. Honestly, diplomacy doesn't suit him, nor does team playing, and he doesn't do it well.

He does operate under at least ONE flaw - he's used to people who want something for their own benefit. You can make a deal with someone if you can determine what they want.

But what if they don't care? What if their agenda ISN'T "get jobs for my state" or "get a bill passed" - but just - "screw you"?

Politics doesn't always work like business - these guys won't go out of business if they suck at their jobs.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
That's "lots"?

8 years.. can you list all of Obama's MAGNIFICENT accomplishments??

Syria.. Iraq... Libya... Egypt..

I started you with the first four.. they just weren't accomplishments for US..