Win a Tortuga Key Lime Rum Cake

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This giveaway has ended. Congratulations to our winners!

Nothing says "Florida" like Key limes. Tart and juicy, they are used to flavor everything from pastries to meat marinades, and of course the iconic Key Lime Pie. The Key lime is native to southeast Asia; Spanish explorers brought it to the Caribbean and what are now the Florida Keys. I am passionate about Key limes and an insufferable snob when it comes to Key Lime Pie (see recipe below).

Four lucky winners will receive a 16oz Tortuga Caribbean Key Lime Rum Cake. Winners will be selected on Tuesday, April 4 and notified by email. You must have an Amazon account to claim your prize. Good luck and thank you for following Vrai and Monello's Excellent Adventure on Southern Maryland Online!

Click here to enter!

https://giveaway.amazon.com/p/45755c1ee1f71b0a

Perfect Key Lime Pie
accept no substitutes

9" graham cracker pie crust, either bought or made
14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
3 egg yolks (save the whites for something else)
1/2 cup Nellie & Joe's Key West Lime Juice <--- ONLY use real Key lime juice, you can find it at Giant
(optional) zest from one lime, which makes it a little deeper and tarter

Stir together SC milk and egg yolks until well blended, then add the lime juice (and zest if using). Blend until smooth and completely combined. Pour filling into pie crust and bake at 350* for 15 minutes. Allow to stand until cooled, then refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve, garnish with whipped cream, lime slices, lime zest, a few graham cracker crumbs, use your imagination.

This recipe is also on the back of the Nellie and Joe's bottle. It's the traditional classic recipe and it's perfect. No cream cheese and certainly no Jello (good grief).

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

Nothing says "Florida" like Key limes. Tart and juicy, they are used to flavor everything from pastries to meat marinades, and of course the iconic Key Lime Pie. The Key lime is native to southeast Asia; Spanish explorers brought it to the Caribbean and what are now the Florida Keys. I am passionate about Key limes and an insufferable snob when it comes to Key Lime Pie (see recipe below).

Four lucky winners will receive a 16oz Tortuga Caribbean Key Lime Rum Cake. Winners will be selected on Tuesday, April 4 and notified by email. You must have an Amazon account to claim your prize. Good luck and thank you for following Vrai and Monello's Excellent Adventure on Southern Maryland Online!

Click here to enter!

https://giveaway.amazon.com/p/45755c1ee1f71b0a

Perfect Key Lime Pie
accept no substitutes

9" graham cracker pie crust, either bought or made
14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
3 egg yolks (save the whites for something else)
1/2 cup Nellie & Joe's Key West Lime Juice <--- ONLY use real Key lime juice, you can find it at Giant
(optional) zest from one lime, which makes it a little deeper and tarter

Stir together SC milk and egg yolks until well blended, then add the lime juice (and zest if using). Blend until smooth and completely combined. Pour filling into pie crust and bake at 350* for 15 minutes. Allow to stand until cooled, then refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve, garnish with whipped cream, lime slices, lime zest, a few graham cracker crumbs, use your imagination.

This recipe is also on the back of the Nellie and Joe's bottle. It's the traditional classic recipe and it's perfect. No cream cheese and certainly no Jello (good grief).

:drool:

Thanks Vrai! One of the winners of a Key Lime Rum cake. Have fun on the road. You're living one of my dreams to RV around the US. Safe travels to you and Monello!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Thanks Vrai! One of the winners of a Key Lime Rum cake. Have fun on the road. You're living one of my dreams to RV around the US. Safe travels to you and Monello!

Yay! I hope its good. The sample we had at one of the stores was delicious.

acommondisaster

My husband, who never eats desert (other than the ice cream he eats straight out of the carton with a fork) proclaimed he was making key lime pie a few years ago and used that exact recipe. I thought he was out of his mind when I read the recipe. We have it every Christmas now. It was delish!