Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Truck Needs New Brake Lines

Name:  Off course.png
Views: 135
Size:  109.4 KB

(Note nautical themed image in keeping with detour)
    "I aim to misbehave."

Tacking, jibing, straying far from the rhumb line, and headed for foul weather..

Similar to what happened last time..when we wrecked the Minnow..
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by DEEKAYPEE8569 View Post
    Okay, here's where your logic s**ts the bed.....
    My age has NOTHING to do with anything. I don't have the money to pay for this upfront, myself, because of other expected expenses. This truck repair is an AWSH*T! Surely, you've had one or two of those in your lifetime. And why do I have to explain this, to you, or anybody else? Huh? Hmm??
    Save? Wish I could.
    You mad, Bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Tacking, jibing, straying far from the rhumb line, and headed for foul weather..

Similar to what happened last time..when we wrecked the Minnow..
    I could use one of those right about now.....

the bar, that is....
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    You mad, Bro?
    About what? DoWhat's comment? Naaahhh.....He can post whatever he wants, but here's the thing.....he; well, any of you; can say whatever you want to say about what I post. Everyone here is entitled to their own opinions; and to me, that's what they are; YOUR opinions.

Comments akin to, 'why don't you have enough money to.....,' is MY problem. H*ll, if I had money, this unexpected repair wouldn't be a big deal; I'd have a NEW truck and wouldn't be worried about fixing what I've got. It's called making do with what you've got.

Fortunately for me, I have friends; who were Dad's friends first; who will help; be it financially or actually. In the situation I mentioned previously, this gent, who was like a Brother to Dad, is willing to pay the bill for the truck repair up front; and is willing to accept re-payment, from me, in installments; however much/when I can, because he knows that I cannot or may not be able to pay a possible 4-figure repair bill. If the foot was on the other hand, I would do the same for him. "Then why don't you learn to fix things yourself?" Well, that takes money too, in some cases. I mean, engine repair, electrician, auto body, A/C repair, underwater basket weaver classes.....ain't none of 'em free.
    Last edited by DEEKAYPEE8569; 05-15-2017 at 03:10 PM.
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Quote Originally Posted by DEEKAYPEE8569 View Post
    underwater basket weaver classes....
    Best course I ever took.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

For the guy that thinks he has all the tools he needs....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	useless stuff.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	118519

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    For the guy that thinks he has all the tools he needs....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	useless stuff.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	118519
    Manual chainsaw

The only thing that might be practical is the Carpenter's Dreidel. Hang it from a piece of fishing line or some other type string and use it as a plumb bob; for fence posts.
    Last edited by DEEKAYPEE8569; 05-18-2017 at 07:38 AM.
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Members who have read this thread: 2