Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Truck Needs New Brake Lines

I called Quade's Auto & Diesel. "Sure, we'll come out, @ $90/hr."
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Quote Originally Posted by DEEKAYPEE8569 View Post
    That's not bad at all. That's a really decent rate for in-shop work even.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Well, this is new information for me. I've never had to pay for this type of thing.
    Dad was the mechanical genius. The unknown is, of course, the TOTAL; incl. parts. That's what concerns me; but, I do want to keep the truck, so.....
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Agree. Figure 3-4 hours at the outside x $90/hr is way under $400.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Well, this is new information for me. I've never had to pay for this type of thing.
    $125/hour would be more typical.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

$125/hour would be more typical.
    Well then, I guess $90/hr. is better; just so long as the cost of the parts doesn't kick the price up over $125/hr.
    Like I said; I think; it's the biiig # at the bottom of the bill that is the concern.

Well then, I guess $90/hr. is better; just so long as the cost of the parts doesn't kick the price up over $125/hr. Like I said; I think; it's the biiig # at the bottom of the bill that is the concern.
    I had Jeff's (St. Mary's Automotive) in Callaway replace the entire hard brake line to the rear brakes on my 2000 Jeep Cherokee because I didn't have time or shop space to fool with it myself. Cost me $225 total.

I had Jeff's (St. Mary's Automotive) in Callaway replace the entire brake line to the rear brakes on my 2000 Jeep Cherokee because I didn't have time or shop space to fool with it myself. Cost me $225 total.
    But you towed your ride to the shop; or drove it there, yes? I would have to rely on a friend of mine to tow the truck; but he's always working on his Honey-do list; never has time. If Quade's can come out and fix what I need fixed, in my driveway; and as long as he doesn't "bend me over" with parts and materials costs, $90/hr. might be worth it.

And don't forget to factor in the convenience of not having to pay for a tow truck to get it to the shop.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    And don't forget to factor in the convenience of not having to pay for a tow truck to get it to the shop.
    Well, I have AAA for towing; and ONLY towing; as I found out when I called.
    Never had or used AAA before, so I called and asked questions, to find that they only covered towing.

Members who have read this thread: 2